Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Re: Offset chat

Post by bender »

Starfire wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:09 pm No vibrato = what’s the fucking point?
Agreed. But also, those come with a Bigsby as an option.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Starfire wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:49 pm On the contrary, an Explorer is not offset enough. ;) Likewise Strats and that PRS thing that's just an AI-drawn Strat with a worse headstock.

PRS thing
I'd like it better if I was paid to like it better by mister "my superior guitars solve all the design flaws other guitars have".

He banged that drum really hard back in the 1990s, as did the magazines he paid to hype them. I always thought it was no class, disrespectful to diss the legacy instruments the way he did.
Sometimes those so called design flaws are part of the sound, e.g., the unstable trem on a Strat, or the break angle past the nut on a Les Paul, etc.
Not to mention that his company would not exist without those legacy instruments getting into the hands of the early rockers and blues players etc.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

P.S. So an offset is basically just any guitar along the lines of a Jaguar or Mustang huh? Kind of like saying Plexi without saying Superlead and getting a cease and desist letter from Marshall Inc.

My Dad bought an Artist Gungemaster several months before he passed in 2022. An offset I guess. Out of the blue he decided to learn guitar well into his 70s. He said he had learned a few songs, but it still took him five minutes to change chords. It's down at his place along with the old Italian documents he inherited that I am supposed to get. Maybe I'll give it to my newest nephew Leonardo. It seemed decent enough, but to play well the neck would need to be shimmed.