Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

denden
Tokai
Tokai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1 time

inductors (wah pedal foolery)

Post by denden »

well, i seem to have a empty ashton wah pedal... its made pretty solid so what the heck, im gonna make me a cry baby :)

now, option one was to get a crying baby, slice it REAL thin an fit that into the case, however certain legalities forbid me from doing so...

so ima gonna do it the "proper" way... bleh...
I got the circuit diagram, modified it slightly so it has true bypass and i wrote up all the bits i need. Most of it is pretty basic, caps, resistors, transistors ect. But for some reason, i cant find a gorram 660mH inductor! i googled it, and came up with a bunch of people asking the same question. I looked in the bible (RS catalouge) and came up with diddly squat! anyone know where i can find a 660mH inductor?

Oh, and does anyone have a recommendation as to where i should buy 'hot potz' and pedal stomp switches? im kinda going for a nuclear holocaust proof wah pedal...

Denis

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

you won't believe this but I threw an old wah board away a day or two ago, and the refuse guys emptied the wheelie bin on Friday, sorry dude :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

denden
Tokai
Tokai

Post by denden »

bluesgeek wrote:you won't believe this but I threw an old wah board away a day or two ago, and the refuse guys emptied the wheelie bin on Friday, sorry dude :(
aw man... ahwell, atleast i still have an excuse to play with corrosive liquids and pens!

denis

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

You'll probably have to make one. Look up some inductor equations, work out the turns, wire size and core needed and hit it.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

denden
Tokai
Tokai

Post by denden »

right, winding time!

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Hey Denden,

Have you tried mouser.com or digikey.com? they will probably have the pots and switches too.

Rob
Greenstone Amplifiers

the_haunted
Ashton
Ashton

Post by the_haunted »

corrosive liquids and pens!
Pens? Have you tried the toner transfer method. It works really well.