Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 91 times

Vai plays with a hot blonde....

Post by Kloppsta »

this may be old news but just incase.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7b-_YcACuQ

i really dig this! man that girl can play!
Little by little, by hook or by crook

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Vai plays with a hot blonde....

Post by robnobcorncob »

Orianthi FTW 8)

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

lol....guess im a bit slow on the up take...

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Ha. He puts his arm though her leg while playing guitar. Lol... wanker.

On the other hand, it looks like a fun day.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Yeah, it wasn't too bad ... although it really sounded like a Steve Vai piece. Even her bit sounded like him.

7 str that didn't use the 7th string the whole way through that?

I wonder if Ibanez said 'hey we still have shitload of these left, chuck them in a video sometime would ya?'

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I'm listening to her album Believe at the moment, I'm quite liking it, she can sing! :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

I heard an Orianthi song the other day on the radio. Didn't know who it was and was surprised to hear an uber-wang solo on the radio. Anyone else think she has shit horrible tone??
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

head_strong
Squier
Been liked: 5 times

Post by head_strong »

is it really nessecary to have 3+ threads on this?

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

head_strong wrote:is it really nessecary to have 3+ threads on this?
calm down dude....its not the end of the world

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

slash-ed wrote:I heard an Orianthi song the other day on the radio. Didn't know who it was and was surprised to hear an uber-wang solo on the radio. Anyone else think she has shit horrible tone??
horrible tone or not...im stoked to hear that her songs are making it to "pop radio"! reason being maybe, just maybe her use of skilled guitar solos in her otherwise "run of mill" pop songs may plant a seed in the minds of the musically dead masses who listen to those radio stations that being able to actually play your instrument is not a bad thing. It may even usher in the early 90's round 2 where big guitar solos are cool again! :lol:

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

slash-ed wrote:I heard an Orianthi song the other day on the radio. Didn't know who it was and was surprised to hear an uber-wang solo on the radio. Anyone else think she has shit horrible tone??
Yes, sounds like a lead patch on a Vox tonelab, delay + harmonizer + bit of modulation = me spewing in the corner.

She can play though. I hope she's allowed to do more guitar orientated stuff in future though.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Kloppsta wrote:
head_strong wrote:is it really nessecary to have 3+ threads on this?
calm down dude....its not the end of the world
head strong by name....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Kloppsta wrote:
horrible tone or not...im stoked to hear that her songs are making it to "pop radio"! reason being maybe, just maybe her use of skilled guitar solos in her otherwise "run of mill" pop songs may plant a seed in the minds of the musically dead masses who listen to those radio stations that being able to actually play your instrument is not a bad thing. It may even usher in the early 90's round 2 where big guitar solos are cool again! :lol:
She may well be a great player who will inspire others, but that is one predictable, paint by numbers solo. Sure it's in an unusual context, but surely the best way to tweak peoples' ears is to play something inspiring rather than effective at best.

To be honest, she's not the only one out there with this problem. The stuff the guys in bands like trivium and A7X serve up is just as cookie-cutter. I see a lot of execution out there and very little inspiration.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

Hot_Grits wrote:She may well be a great player who will inspire others, but that is one predictable, paint by numbers solo. Sure it's in an unusual context, but surely the best way to tweak peoples' ears is to play something inspiring rather than effective at best.

To be honest, she's not the only one out there with this problem. The stuff the guys in bands like trivium and A7X serve up is just as cookie-cutter. I see a lot of execution out there and very little inspiration.
i completley agree its no little wing or eruption....but i am just stoked to hear that there are guitar solos and "expression" of any kind making it to pop radio. as far as her "song writing" and looks are concerned she is just britney spears mk2....but she can play guitar and shes not afraid to show off her skills. hopefully that will rub off on other mainstream artists. next thing you know we'll have slash soloing over Beyonce's latest hit. He likes to get amongst it, ala michael jackson. :)

i think the problem with the A7X, Trivium esque bands is that they TRY so hard to be "agressive" and heavy they end up hitting every 80's hair metal cliche along the way. no doubt they have skill but if they spent less time trying to impress the songs would be better off imho. mastodons latest album is a good example of this i think