KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Templeboards - New Pedalboard Designs

Post by KentNZ »

Hi guys, just thought I would start some dicussion on these - get some feedback, comment etc!

I know a guy, a kiwi who has relocated to Canada and now builds these pedalboards - he's out to take on Pedaltrain with a better, non velcro system whereby you have fixed plates and your pedals lock on to the board with quick release plates. He's coming out here in April with some gear for me to try. Will be really interesting for me particularly as I swap out configurations quite a lot and the velcro can be a pain.

Comments?

Follow them, too. https://instagram.com/templeboards/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlRMW-XeBVo[/youtube]
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Templeboards - New Pedalboard Designs

Post by jeremyb »

Velcro is such a simple and efficient mounting system, bit dubious, someone needs to invent a way to mount boss pedals easily, that would make some money!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Neat, tidy, clever and does nothing to address the actual problem which is pedals with integral rubber bases. Not all of them can be simply turned over.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

Looks cool. I'm in the market for a board, and these are some of the coolest I've seen.

I'd prefer to drill my own holes for the cables and leads though, but it still looks totally user friendly and well thought out. Keen!

edit: shipping to NZ isn't cheap though... more than the price of the board itself. Oh well, still keen on ordering the Duo 24 in gunmetal.
Make Music Great Again

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Is he high?
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Who?
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by vintage52 »

Kev77 wrote:Is he high?
I think you'll find he might have a stutter....and is doing a bloody good job of public speaking with it.

:D
Wellington

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

He does. And he was.

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

Good on him for presenting his product and not shying away from doing it. I don't think it was relevant to mention it mind you -- many people who don't have speech impediments wouldn't have the guts to do stuff like that. I also had a stutter, but grew out of it. It's quite common; 1 out of 100 people on average, stutter. Hopefully people focus on the product instead of that.
Make Music Great Again

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by vintage52 »

Clanger wrote:Good on him for presenting his product and not shying away from doing it. I don't think it was relevant to mention it mind you -- many people who don't have speech impediments wouldn't have the guts to do stuff like that. I also had a stutter, but grew out of it. It's quite common; 1 out of 100 people on average, stutter. Hopefully people focus on the product instead of that.

+ Lots
Wellington

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

Some moderation consistency in this forum would be nice. Why is this thread still going when my one was locked?

I had a mate starting to make pedalboards and I posted about it, only to have it locked -http://nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... rd#p498115

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

xCaptainx wrote:Some moderation consistency in this forum would be nice. Why is this thread still going when my one was locked?

I had a mate starting to make pedalboards and I posted about it, only to have it locked -http://nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... rd#p498115
I can see a couple of fairly significant differences between the two threads... but that's just me.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

Well by all means, I'm all ears.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

vintage52 wrote:
Kev77 wrote:Is he high?
I think you'll find he might have a stutter....and is doing a bloody good job of public speaking with it.

:D
Yarrr full credit to the guy!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

he wouldn't be the first NAMM demonstrator Ive seen hangover or high - just say. if he has a speech impediment as you say fantastic for him. My son has a severe speech impediment - I get it
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius