Directory listing for guitar repairs, services etc.

Links to vaguely related sites

Moderator: Capt. Black

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Re: Directory listing for guitar repairs, services etc.

Post by NippleWrestler »

Does the guy actually work at Music Works, or is he just the guy they send their repairs to? If you have his direct details and he's just repairing stuff on behalf, you can go direct to the dude and cutout MW.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 248 times

Post by griff »

Nah you can go direct to him

Nathan Betteridge
brgguitarsnz@gmail.com

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by H671 »

Directory is updated.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

Bg wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:33 pm
vinylguy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:19 pm
H671 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:42 pm

Entry has been delected.
Actually Davy is still alive and well and is busy building and repairing. I dont think he does electrics though, only acoustics. Currently building me a 00 for my birthday...
He’s not very active on his site or socials lol

But yeah predominantly acoustic, as is mattsen with resonators.
No Davy is an old guy (hark whos talking..), and doesnt really do social media and stuff. Quite active on overseas luthier forums though and the 00 in Brazilian and Engleman he is building me looks glorious so far... Mainly does custom builds I think though he does have a few off the rack that he occasionally has for sale. Will post photos of mine once its done.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

vinylguy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:14 pm
Bg wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:33 pm
vinylguy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:19 pm

Actually Davy is still alive and well and is busy building and repairing. I dont think he does electrics though, only acoustics. Currently building me a 00 for my birthday...
He’s not very active on his site or socials lol

But yeah predominantly acoustic, as is mattsen with resonators.
No Davy is an old guy (hark whos talking..), and doesnt really do social media and stuff. Quite active on overseas luthier forums though and the 00 in Brazilian and Engleman he is building me looks glorious so far... Mainly does custom builds I think though he does have a few off the rack that he occasionally has for sale. Will post photos of mine once its done.
Nice!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Is there anyone in Auckland who can do a simply pickup repair? I tried to adjust the height of a humbucker pickup in my guitar the screw came out and one side of the pickup has completely sunken in. Not wanting to pay $120 for a full setup...

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

KNNZ wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:51 am Is there anyone in Auckland who can do a simply pickup repair? I tried to adjust the height of a humbucker pickup in my guitar the screw came out and one side of the pickup has completely sunken in. Not wanting to pay $120 for a full setup...
That's a 5 minute job to do yourself (less if you just loosen the strings) right? Am I missing something obvious here?

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

embarrassed to say that's how terrible I am at this! I've tried and it's taken more than 15 mins and I was unable to do it, not sure if something in the pickup is broken etc

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

KNNZ wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:16 am embarrassed to say that's how terrible I am at this! I've tried and it's taken more than 15 mins and I was unable to do it, not sure if something in the pickup is broken etc
The screw goes through the ring/pickguard from the top, then goes through the spring, then into the hole at the side of the pickup. It takes some dexterity and swear words but that's about all there is to it. If you broke off the tab from the pickup's base, you've got a bigger problem.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1635 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Post by Jay »

KNNZ wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:51 am Is there anyone in Auckland who can do a simply pickup repair? I tried to adjust the height of a humbucker pickup in my guitar the screw came out and one side of the pickup has completely sunken in. Not wanting to pay $120 for a full setup...
As above, simple. But if you are stuck, I ll help.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:24 am
KNNZ wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:16 am embarrassed to say that's how terrible I am at this! I've tried and it's taken more than 15 mins and I was unable to do it, not sure if something in the pickup is broken etc
The screw goes through the ring/pickguard from the top, then goes through the spring, then into the hole at the side of the pickup. It takes some dexterity and swear words but that's about all there is to it. If you broke off the tab from the pickup's base, you've got a bigger problem.
definitely lots of swear words have already been said but thanks I'll try that!

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

Jay wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:33 am
As above, simple. But if you are stuck, I ll help.
cheers J I'll let you know really appreciate it!

vyfster
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by vyfster »

KNNZ wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:34 pm
NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:24 am
definitely lots of swear words have already been said but thanks I'll try that!
Clearly not enough swears words have been muttered enough times. Try some more and once it's sorted then you'll know that you've sworn the correct number of times. Hope you've been keeping count for the rest of so we'll know the number!

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Who's recommended for a simple action/intonation setup in East (ideally) or at a push, Central Aucks. Other guitarist in my new band just got a Gretsch which needs a mild tweaking, but the closest to him was asking $250 which seems fucking exorbitant unless I'm way off the mark...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

The Scarecrow wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:49 am Who's recommended for a simple action/intonation setup in East (ideally) or at a push, Central Aucks. Other guitarist in my new band just got a Gretsch which needs a mild tweaking, but the closest to him was asking $250 which seems fucking exorbitant unless I'm way off the mark...
That's ridiculous. Any reason they can't just do it themselves? There's really nothing to it.