Drummer, Bassist and Lead Guitarist required for rock band

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Drummer, Bassist and Lead Guitarist required for rock band

Post by SixGunLover »

Howdy all,

So as I mentioned in my other recent post, I'm moving to the North Shore next month. When I get there, I'd like to put a band of dedicated musicians together to play (and hopefully record) the material I've written (about 11+ songs I feel have potential) and work on more down the line.

Basically, I'm a lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist, and I write songs. I'm heavily inspired by classic rock, and in the tunes I've written so far I feel you can hear the influences of bands like (but not limited to): The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Oasis, AC/DC, The Kinks, Stereophonics, The Faces, Cheap Trick, The Donnas, Crowded House, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Jet, The Black Crowes, Big Star, Even and Sloan. Of course, I do listen to (and enjoy) more modern rock stuff too (ala The White Stripes, The Black Keys, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters etc).

The philosophy of the band should be a focus on quality rock songwriting - by this I mean strong melodies, catchy hooks and riffs, and crafted lyrics. The material I have so far is a mix (around 65% - 35%) of uptempo rockers and slower ballads, and I hope to maintain a nice balance of light and heavy so to speak. A lot of the tunes will have important backing vocals/countermelodies so I'm looking for players who can sing. I'm also dedicated to putting on an excellent live show, so performers are needed.

Unfortunately I don't have any demos I can provide right now; I no longer have the recording setup I once did. I believe there's a clip or two somewhere on here if you want to hear my voice - I think I did Sunshine of Your Love by Cream and Thirteen by Big Star.

If you feel like you share similar influences/musical tastes/ambitions, drop me a line. :)
Last edited by SixGunLover on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Drummer, Bassist and Lead Guitarist required for rock ba

Post by sambrowne »

Awesome man, this sounds really promising and I totally agree with your philosophy on songwriting.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 409 times

Post by dayl »

HCant say that I've spend much time to your list of influences in a long time but still dig them. Good luck to you.

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by SixGunLover »

Thanks folks, I'm looking forward to tracking down some like-minded individuals and playing some tunes. :D