Guitarists for recording

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Guitarists for recording

Post by rob_on_guitar »

You just reminded me of teh dive bombs Dave! All going to plan I can start doing those again!
The way I normally approach an instrumental song is, I hear a 'vocal' line in each passage, then I work that out and add variations, often I work it out verse at a time or chorus etc

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

NZRS-Dave wrote:That's the problem, I have cool ideas, but not enough to string together. And I can never play them the same twice.

So I basically sh1t my fingers at the fretboard and hope something sticks.
I have the same problem if I jam over a song......along the lines of what rob said, find the bits you like and look at that as a section and figure out the notes again, then slowly add more notes to lengthen each part.

Often what i'll do is record a track without being able to hear what I am playing (so headphones with just the music i'm playing to) then i'll go back and find the bits that sound good and are in key and add to those
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Shit.

I just listened to it ... it's so much worse that I thought it was.

A couple of cool things like the note that dies into nothing-ness at 2:38min ... but once again ... I had to have two goes to get harmonic.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Post by rob_on_guitar »

Nothings ever bad man, I call it starting points, you just lay the first take down, then get the ideas you like and expend.
Its all good Dave.

Im taking some days off around the 10th (Darcy Ill probably ring you around this time for gear acquisition lol) I was thinking if anyone wants to help out in making/recording a track, feel free to pm me and we'll grab a box a spend a day making a track or 2. I have 2 tracks in progress at the moment, have only heard 2 peeps submit some stuff on the ones already there (granted Electric is still a work in progress).

Anyways more to come over the next month. 8)