Wanted - Alt Country Collaborator Hamilton

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Wanted - Alt Country Collaborator Hamilton

Post by GrantB »

Hi. I'm looking for a person to write alt country songs with, perform them and some covers. Influences and covers along the line of Ryan Adams, DeYarmond Edison, Son Volt, Wilco, Neil Young, etc. Female or male - no preference.

Preferably you will play guitar, piano or something...vocals need to be a strength.

I have other musicians interested and lots of PA gear. Goal would be to have a 12 song performance set by the end of the year. Recording maybe middle 2012 all going swimmingly.

Pass this message on if you know anyone who might be interested.

Thanks
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Wanted - Alt Country Collaborator Hamilton

Post by Bg »

damn, wrong area, and I'd just got that tele too :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

BG wrote:damn, wrong area, and I'd just got that tele too :(
We could have had dual ear-injury-inflicting Tele tones.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Nah even a tele through the Bogner is like having your eardrums kissed by an angel. Tongues and all.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Cortez
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Cortez »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Hi. I'm looking for a person to write alt country songs with, perform them and some covers. Influences and covers along the line of Ryan Adams, DeYarmond Edison, Son Volt, Wilco, Neil Young, etc. Female or male - no preference.

Preferably you will play guitar, piano or something...vocals need to be a strength.

I have other musicians interested and lots of PA gear. Goal would be to have a 12 song performance set by the end of the year. Recording maybe middle 2012 all going swimmingly.

Pass this message on if you know anyone who might be interested.

Thanks
I also would have been keen as. Just got a CP Jazzmaster for maximum Nels Cline factor.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Very cool...get those volume swell things going! I note he doesn't use a tension bar on the Jazz trems...just bog standard!

Cortez
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Cortez »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Very cool...get those volume swell things going! I note he doesn't use a tension bar on the Jazz trems...just bog standard!
The MIJ one that you did a refret on belongs to my brother Joe, who shares guitar with me in our band. It's a very different beast to mine and I'm pretty envious of it. It's so obvious mines a CP model when the are close together, with the lame adjust-o-matic and shorter string length.

Nels' tone is subject to much geekery on guitar forums everywhere. If you listen to Kicking Television and other live stuff you can really hear his modded CS3. It is quite squashed but not in a bad way. I think he might use the output on it like a master volume for his pedal rig. Could be wrong.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Cortez wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:Very cool...get those volume swell things going! I note he doesn't use a tension bar on the Jazz trems...just bog standard!
The MIJ one that you did a refret on belongs to my brother Joe, who shares guitar with me in our band. It's a very different beast to mine and I'm pretty envious of it. It's so obvious mines a CP model when the are close together, with the lame adjust-o-matic and shorter string length.

Nels' tone is subject to much geekery on guitar forums everywhere. If you listen to Kicking Television and other live stuff you can really hear his modded CS3. It is quite squashed but not in a bad way. I think he might use the output on it like a master volume for his pedal rig. Could be wrong.
Ah, cool...that is a special JM that one! How does Nels push his amp that well if he's using a CS3....that's what always gets me with compressors - you switch them on and all of your amps initial breakup is gone.

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

I can probably do a single gig in december...
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Cortez
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Cortez »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
Cortez wrote:

Ah, cool...that is a special JM that one! How does Nels push his amp that well if he's using a CS3....that's what always gets me with compressors - you switch them on and all of your amps initial breakup is gone.
He loves small, low-wattage amps and uses his Klon?

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Hot_Grits wrote:I can probably do a single gig in december...
That would be snaz

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Pick me, pick me!

Do I get to play your guitars? Seriously though, I can do the alt thing. Just mess with the 5 and the 9, right? Ok, but really serious now. Give me a call brother. 8)
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz