Guitarist wanted - Auckland

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Pakehendrix
Big Muff
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Guitarist wanted - Auckland

Post by Pakehendrix »

I know right - what are the chances of being able to find one?

Slowly, a band has begun to form...and I'd like to add a second guitarist to the mix. We are yet to jam all together, but the songs I've written generally suit having two guitarists. Short term goals are to get really tight, gig every fortnight, and have at least a couple of decent songs recorded within a year.

The music is influenced by bands like Radiohead, Warpaint, Interpol, The National, The xx...etc. - basically simple parts that are (ideally) intricately layered to build the sound. Not being afraid of effects pedals would be great, and being inventive is important. It'd also be great if you had some interest in other instruments - hoping to occasionally include keys and whatever else I can find into the mix.

We're all based in Auckland, and will probably either end up rehearsing in town, or out West. Transport needed, no mentally subnormal thugs, no addicts please. No experience needed, either - thought it'd be good to have someone else with a bit of an idea of how a band needs to work (hard).

PM/email me for more details, or short demos of the music.

hayden . maskell @ gmail . com (remove the spaces...)