Bass Player and Drummer Wanted

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Bass Player and Drummer Wanted

Post by SixGunLover »

I'm back in Dunedin and putting together a new originals project; I'll need a kick-ass rhythm section.

THE MISSION STATEMENT
To form an awesome Dunedin-based rock power trio (me on guitar/vocals, a bass player and a drummer) for songwriting, gigging, recording, touring, the works. The focus for me is on songwriting first and writing great, well-crafted material for us to play; after that, it's about blowing people's minds both live and on record, giving people live performances they'll remember and tracks that find their way onto their "Most Played" list.

ABOUT ME
I'm twenty five years old in July and have gigged/played with a variety of bands ranging from originals to covers, acoustic and electric; most recently I've worked with the Oxo Cubans of Dunedin and done a solo acoustic covers act. I've got my own gear and transport. I'm professional and dedicated to this project and have high hopes for the future - it's something I've been planning for some time.

THE SONGS
I've got a bunch of songs in various stages of completion (some fully done, some in need of work, some bare-bones ideas) which we can play, and I'm keen to get collaborating on new material. If I had to describe the material I've put together so far, you can hear influences of the Black Keys, the White Stripes, AC/DC, Oasis and various other classic rock bands. It's not all riff-rockery though as I'm also influenced by traditional blues, folk and singer songwriter type stuff (Neil Young, Tom Petty etc); I'm keen to give this band a balance of light and shade, soft and heavy.

If you live in Dunedin and think you fit the bill (or know someone who does), please get in touch. Thanks for your time.

P.S.
I don't have any of the tracks for this band online but there are a couple of recordings of various tracks I made here on the forums. You can also check out my Soundcloud, which has some other original tunes I've written:
http://soundcloud.com/hamish-patterson-1

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Bass Player and Drummer Wanted

Post by shinenz »

Gud luck with that dude, I'm not in dunners, but really liked "never again" demo, u sound alot like Kelly Jones
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage

SixGunLover
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Bass Player and Drummer Wanted

Post by SixGunLover »

shinenz wrote:Gud luck with that dude, I'm not in dunners, but really liked "never again" demo, u sound alot like Kelly Jones
Thanks a lot man, appreciate that. Never listened to much Stereophonics but did like what I've heard - I like at least one song off his solo record too. Are you a fan? If so, got any song (or album) recommendations for me to check out their stuff?