sTarting a kiwi bbq regae band !!!

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

sTarting a kiwi bbq regae band !!!

Post by Edwards »

you kno that relaxing boring music that people listen to wen they are having a bbq.
i dont really like this music but i am expecting to make a lot of money and be werri popular and get lots of gigs.
drummer doesnt neeed good gear, low level ashton kit will do, badly tuned snare drum wil work fine.
i can play guitar, i wil just be doing that chink chink thing on 3 or 4 chords.
prob need a reasonable bassist, also dreads wil be an essential for the bass
trumpet or sax wud be kewl, you dont need to play it just wave it around
vocals wil just be some meaningless dribble but ability to sing wud be a bonus
influences: fat freddys drop.
thanks in advance
ESP Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul / ESP Eclipse > Rivera Quiana 212
We are the Christians that the devil warned you about

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: sTarting a kiwi bbq regae band !!!

Post by jeremyb »

:oh:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Is that you, Simon Sweetman? :lol:
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Remember kids, don't drink and post.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Pastasauce »

Random flame is random.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I think he's been smoking too much of the ganja, I can't imagine any other reason why you would listen to reggae....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Don't drink and post at 10am
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai
Been liked: 1 time

Post by fuzziebro »

hard to tell whether this tread is serious or a troll... personally a bit offended that anyone may suggest fat freddy's lyrics may be associated with meaningless dribble, but I dont want to be trolled or cause offence which in itself can be rather difficult sometimes;
oh and anyone whos spent time listening to fat freddy's would have to add in serious jazz influences, soul and funk plus the vocalists would have to be rather talented chaps or chappettes who have to ability to construct sublime and difficult harmonic structures not normally associated with reggae.

oh and dont forget world class record production. Based on a true story on vinyl shows the true joy and mastery of analog at its best and this is known around the world. I did have a copy but it departed from my possession when the last girlfriend also departed, and now may have to suffice with a second(??) pressing edition, worth spending a couple of K on a good turntabel setup just for this record...

ANyway all the best, mate, I think you're serious but its hard to know...

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

jeremyb wrote:I think he's been smoking too much of the ganja, I can't imagine any other reason why you would listen to reggae....

so no reggae and no overdrive pedals... all data for my files comrade

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

fuzziebro wrote:hard to tell whether this tread is serious or a troll...
Judging by previous efforts, serious in his dislike of reggae, joke in the way he's expressing it.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

Shit... was he being sarcastic? I finally though there was a place for me in a band!

Sounded like fun... I fucken love BBQs!
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

trolling is trickery, which as I've learnt from long years of experience, a lot of self-righteous christians can be the masters of.
a fair whack of christians these days are the "anti-christ" which Jesus warned good folks about.

this thread is the worst fail I've seen for a while on NZG and yet I've had a wee small tiny laugh - at you Edwards sorry mate not with you on this one.
I'm sure you're a nice guy, deluded and completely lacking in knowledge about reggae music and what it used to be about...

why dont you check out Prince Far i; an old school Jamaican Reggae artist who's début album "Psalms for I" was originally done for the illiterate who could not read the bible for themselves - "meaningless dribble" lyrics aye Edwards me mate?

I DO NOT condone the smoking of ANYTHING, but scientifically valid medical research confirms that THC does kill cancer cells and is also super effective at controlling the pain and trauma from cancer and chemotherapy - in fact with a doctors approval and a bit of drama you can get it in NZ; more easily in the US the UK and many other countries.

and btw the devil never warned me about you or about anything in fact, but sometimes I swear angels warn me about things, but not you; you misguided teddybear.

And I may have to point out that your signature technically brings religion into a forum where it is banned, so you should play by the rules or someone might complain to the admin.

peace and love in a completely unbiased don't-attend my church/club or buy my literature kind of way.

heh

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

Ah yes vintage bibles from around the 1400-on period were printed on 100% cannabis/hemp paper, oh no!

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

oh yes

:mrgreen:

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 1:29

This is the old school King James translation of the Torah, the strictly Hebrew section of the bible and the word "meat" here is particularly appropriate because modern research has also found out that when used as a protein source, the hemp/cannabis seed, is the MOST nutritious naturally occuring food source "on the face of the whole earth" i.e. the PERFECT ratio of essential fatty acids and oils and also ALL 8 essential amino acids which the human body in particular requires to properly process protein... seems like GOD knew what he was doing in both making the plant genetics and issueing the proclamation of Genesis 1:29.

most of if not all other vegetarian food sources require the combination of "grains and pulses" to get all 8 essential amino acids (i.e. a complete protein like meat) but then you still dont get all the essential fatty acids nor are they in the correct proportion as in the cannabis seed.