Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

User avatar
BY thehenderson
#136035
humphreybear wrote:
slash-ed wrote:NZ Guitar Teacher Database Entry

Name: Ed
Location: Riccarton, Christchurch
Instruments taught: Electric
Styles taught: Rock, blues
Skill levels taught: Beginner, intermediate
Lesson Fees: 1st lesson on the house, $15/half hour
Contact Details: blizzardofed@gmail.com, 0212608970
Other Info: I can focus on whatever the student wants - more towards learning from songs, or focus on technique, etc. Not too much straight theory - more applied theory than anything.



this sounds interesting plus the student would also be exposed to every guitar
ever made since ed is such a gear whore


You're confusing every guitar ever made with every pointy guitar ever made
BY symphonist
#137585
Hey Guys

At the moment Im considering taking up some lessons as I really feel Ive hit that barrier thats keeping me from making progress with my guitaring... Im pretty much self taught so Im wondering if lessons might be just what I need to gain some momentum again.

Anyway, if there are any guitar teachers (or aspiring ones) around the northshore- longbay/torbay/brownsbay area willing to put up with a guitar noob send a PM my way, and maybe we can arrange something.

PS. Student, so transport might be a problem at the moment, thats why I mentioned those areas specifically. Of course some arrangements may always be made...

Thanks Guys 8)

*edit* Forgot to mention im mainly into the rock kinda thing but seriously just interested in the erm.. guitaring aspect of guitaring at the moment and open to most things.
User avatar
BY darkness
#139428
not sure about teachers on the shore.

but I know what your feeling. I was learning on my own and off a couple mates. Best thing I ever did was get proper lessons. I've advanced more in the last 6 months than the last couple years. Definitely the way to go.
User avatar
BY DarcyPerry
#139447
I'll come out west for a jam, Pakehendrix! 8)
User avatar
BY Pakehendrix
#139456
Name: Hayden Maskell
Location: Green Bay/Titirangi, West Auckland town
Instruments taught: electric/acoustic/bass/theory for beginner-intermediate
Styles taught: Anything under the "rock" umbrella. Mainly focussed on developing a base of styles.
Skill levels taught: absolute beginner to solid intermediate

Lesson Fees: $15 for half an hour lesson, $25 for hour
Contact Details: james.m.hendrix@gmail.com/021-181-7787 OR 027-308-5705
Other Info:
I'm 18 and have been teaching for Lewis Eady music school since January this year, and I teach privately as well. As such I mainly work with children and teenagers, but am happy to take adults too.
I'm not a hardout theory person, because that's not how I was taught. I firmly believe in building up a base of playing ability more than theory - I don't teach sight reading because I can't do it!
User avatar
BY Clarky
#141572
slash-ed wrote:NZ Guitar Teacher Database Entry

Name: Ed
Location: Riccarton, Christchurch
Instruments taught: Electric
Styles taught: Rock, blues
Skill levels taught: Beginner, intermediate
Lesson Fees: 1st lesson on the house, $15/half hour
Contact Details: blizzardofed@gmail.com, 0212608970
Other Info: I can focus on whatever the student wants - more towards learning from songs, or focus on technique, etc. Not too much straight theory - more applied theory than anything.


Ed gets my vote for expanding your rock/metal chops. Can't beat the price either. :D
User avatar
BY mak
#155705
Can anyone recommend a good tutor/teacher in Whangarei?

I'm an intermediate guitarist, wanting to develop some more styles and learn some theory. Mostly blues, jazz, rock and fingerpickin styles.
BY pearson
#157438
Edit. I am now living in Auckland.

Name: Thomas Pearson
Location:Auckland Central

Instruments taught: Electric Guitar, Classical Guitar, Semi Acoustic guitar
Styles taught: Classical, Rock, Blues/Jazz, Guitar musicianship
Skill levels taught: Beginner - Advanced

Lesson Fees: $30/30 mins, $50/60 mins individual, or group lessons
Contact Details: kiwimusicartist@gmail.com or 0274213699
Other Info: 22 years old, I have explored the guitar for 9 solid years. Including a Bmus - Jazz Major through Auckland University and currently studying to become a high school teacher.

I can teach a good knowledge of improvisation/working in all 12 keys.
Inspired by lead guitar, but still has a solid rhythm style.

If you have ever wanted to understand harmony, four/five or six part chords and how to solo over them I can show you the way to understanding the concepts needed.
Last edited by pearson on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BY Basket Case
#157443
mak wrote:Can anyone recommend a good tutor/teacher in Whangarei?

I'm an intermediate guitarist, wanting to develop some more styles and learn some theory. Mostly blues, jazz, rock and fingerpickin styles.


I give lessons for rock styles. I can teach you how to solo like a mofo. But for the other styles, I recommend Terry Toohill.
BY Jigsaw
#203599
Hi, new to the board, was directed here via Mrglyn..

Name: Shannon Coulomb
Location: Onehunga, Auckland.

Instruments taught: Guitar, composition/arrangement

Styles taught: Mianly rock and jazz, have a high grade in classical guitar too.

Skill levels taught: Enjoy teaching all levels, can teach advanced composition too.

Lesson Fees: Negotiable, $30 for 45 mins is the usual.

Contact Details:
shannon.coulomb@gmail.com
0274466735
0211760435
09 6343156

Other Info: Have a degree in performing arts majoring in jazz guitar and composition/arrangement. Have just completed my year at Auckland Teachers College of Education so am a fully qualified music teacher. I also have 7 years of teaching guitar privatley under my belt.
User avatar
BY rocklander
#203602
Jigsaw wrote:Hi, new to the board, was directed here via Mrglyn..

Name: Shannon Coulomb
Location: Onehunga, Auckland.

Instruments taught: Guitar, composition/arrangement

Styles taught: Mianly rock and jazz, have a high grade in classical guitar too.

Skill levels taught: Enjoy teaching all levels, can teach advanced composition too.

Lesson Fees: Negotiable, $30 for 45 mins is the usual.

Contact Details:
shannon.coulomb@gmail.com
0274466735
0211760435
09 6343156

Other Info: Have a degree in performing arts majoring in jazz guitar and composition/arrangement. Have just completed my year at Auckland Teachers College of Education so am a fully qualified music teacher. I also have 7 years of teaching guitar privatley under my belt.

sure, but the important question is... are you going to play a game with us?
Image

:wink: welcome to the forum mate...
BY Jigsaw
#203610
Congratulations. You are still alive. Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.

;)

Haha, glad to be on here mate, been a lurker for a while. Hopefully ^^^^ will be the last gimmick post, as much fun as a music teacher pretending to be crazy killer sounds, I think I'd best not!
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#210654
Looking for a teacher in chch with a more rock focus, shame Ed has moved to Aucks as I was keen to get some lessons from him :(