Wanted : Hard Rockin' Guitarist

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

fantomas69
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Wanted : Hard Rockin' Guitarist

Post by fantomas69 »

Solid Rock Guitarist Wanted to join Drummer and Guitarist in joining us form a Hard Rock / Rock n Roll band with big hooks, mean solo's, anthemic chorus's.

We feel that NZ music is in a sad state with barely any decent rockin' bands that play good Rock N Roll / hard Rock. Everything seems like Metal / Hardcore / Punk / Emo / Indie etc, and not enough balls to the wall ROCK.Its a sad state pretty much and we hope to do something about it...

We also both play in an 80s Rock 'tribute' band 'Maskara' - which plays the likes of Skid Row, The Cult, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Kiss, Guns n Roses, Cinderella, Alice Cooper - all of which we love and are inspired by.
We do love the Straight-ahead hard rock elements from the late 80's to 90's rock, but also want to modernise that sound and jam up our own vibe as well as a bit of Stoner Rock and the Blues thrown in the mix...

We love the above bands, as well as bands like Motorhead, Silvertide, Wednesday 13, Airbourne, Fu Manchu, Nashville Pussy....

We also on the hunt for a killer Frontman and Solid Bass Player....

Must be in your 20's , have good gear, has transport, Reliable, committed, experienced, professional , and easy to be in a band with! In other words, COOL, No dickheads...
Mostly practice Sundays, and Thursday / Wednesday nights. Based out Pakuranga way.
For more infomation or if you want to jam, email us on Info(at)maskara.co.nz or phone 0212953738

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

thats like the best music list I've seen.

Unfortunately I'm only just learning how to play. but I'd be so keen otherwise.
Last edited by darkness on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFK.

Phildo
Resident Tyre Kicker

Re: Wanted : Hard Rockin' Guitarist

Post by Phildo »

fantomas69 wrote:We feel that NZ music is in a sad state with barely any decent rockin' bands that play good Rock N Roll / hard Rock. Everything seems like Metal / Hardcore / Punk / Emo / Indie etc, and not enough balls to the wall ROCK.Its a sad state pretty much and we hope to do something about it...
Your're not alone, NZ music isn't great at the best of times, we need more straight up ROCK bands.

And I too hope you do something about it. :wink: :)

Good luck!
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb.

vacant
Ashton
Ashton
Been liked: 2 times

Post by vacant »

That sounds like me over here, however when I move back unfortunately I won't quite be in my 20's, will possibly have sold all my good gear and won't have any transport. Other than that I'd be the man for the job.
I've been trying to justify you, in the end I will just defy you.

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

hmmm i`m too old
sambrowne wrote:I've included things like chord voicing’s and musical terminology for those that can understand it, while trying to keep it accessible enough for fans to enjoy as well.
You are a hypocritical, whining bitch. F*$k off and die Anthony.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 261 times

Post by Capt. Black »

fantomas69 wrote: Must be in your 20's , have good gear, has transport, Reliable, committed, experienced, professional , and easy to be in a band with! In other words, COOL, No dickheads...

Are you sure it's a Rock Band you're trying to put together?

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

Damn, I'm too old and in the wrong part of the country :( Sounds like my kind of band. Good luck mate!
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 647 times
Been liked: 815 times

Post by hamo »

darkness wrote:Unfortunately I'm only just learning how to play. but I'd be so keen otherwise.
+1, and I'm too old and in the wrong place. Good luck to you blokes.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

fantomas69
Stagg
Stagg

Post by fantomas69 »

Capt. Black wrote:
fantomas69 wrote: Must be in your 20's , have good gear, has transport, Reliable, committed, experienced, professional , and easy to be in a band with! In other words, COOL, No dickheads...

ha ha, I know the lst of what we want is kinda long. but at the end of the day we gotta at least try to get someone on -to-it enough to sort their shit out and rock out with the band. Its hard as to get the right mix of ages, musicianship, and all the rest ive listed we would like. Its important to like the dudes in the band though, above all, because at the end of the day nobody wants to be in a band with someone who you think is a complete cock, no matter how good a player they are...

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

fantomas69 wrote:Its important to like the dudes in the band though, above all
Well put man. You'll spend way more time sitting in a car, or in venues, or in your practice room with your band than you will spend making music with them, so getting on well is a must!

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

fantomas69 wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:

ha ha, I know the lst of what we want is kinda long. but at the end of the day we gotta at least try to get someone on -to-it enough to sort their shit out and rock out with the band. Its hard as to get the right mix of ages, musicianship, and all the rest ive listed we would like. Its important to like the dudes in the band though, above all, because at the end of the day nobody wants to be in a band with someone who you think is a complete cock, no matter how good a player they are...
;)

Just pulling yer pisser.

IMNSHO the secret to successful band relationship is as follows.

A band is not a democracy
Have a clear leader.
Any front person that has enthusiasm, energy and the ability to shamelessly act like madman on stage and improves the show will, by nature, be a complete egotistical cock. Deal with it and bask in the glory and adulation they attract.
Rhythm section at the back.
Lead breaks should be long enough to get the point across and short enough not to lose the crowd. Especially the females.
Be female friendly. Females make great fans. Guys will go (10 to 1) where the females are.
Don't hate the good looking member of the band for being the good looking member of the band.
TV will want to interview the good looking member of the band. Deal with it.
If you can't stand being in the car with another band member, take two cars.
If it's your band, you write the songs, you make all the decisions, you organise everything, you're the most articulate, intelligent and witty and TV still only want to interview the good looking member of the band, get over it. You need the publicity.
If it's your band, you write the songs, you make all the decisions, you organise everything, you're the most articulate, intelligent and witty and TV still only want to interview the good looking member of the band, you can do the radio interviews.
If it's your band.......... yadda yadda..... and you aren't articulate, let someone that is do the talking.
If one member is really really good, like really really good, your music wouldn't be the same without them good, but they don't have decent gear of their own, buy it for them.
If one member of the band is reaaly really good, enthusiastic etc. but they're pathetically unreliable, you're not good enough for them and they're too polite to say so. Lower your sights.
Don't screw the crew.
Don't screw the other band members either.
Before getting pissed, make sure the bar tab isn't coming out of the bands pay.
Never let a hot female singer screw the drummer.
Form a company.
Get a company constitution. Work your shit out before it becomes shit.
Shit happens.
Everybody is a complete cock to somebody somewhere.
That includes you.
Even complete cocks are shit hot to someone who isn't you.
Everyone will love you until you're successful.
Don't give up your day job unless or until there is actually money in the bank that you don't have to work your arse of to pay back to someone.
Pay tax now, not when the band has broken up and IRD finally catch up with you.
Don't believe what anyone tells you.... except this... Rehearse at The Manor. It's the coolest. The coffee is the best in NZ.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2279 times
Been liked: 4012 times

Post by Bg »

forget it mate, 20 passed us by a long time ago....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

Ahhh, the benefit of hindsight.... :)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2279 times
Been liked: 4012 times

Post by Bg »

youth is wasted on the young :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

I wish I were wasted right now.... come to think of it, being 'waisted' would be quite novel too.