Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

New Steve Hunter, D Gilmour tabs

Post by Ears »

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/R.Ch ... ions/tabs/

Had time to kill so guitar pro tabbed a couple of pentatonic doodles that I scored years ago. Posted them on Ultimate guitar.

First is a good example of stadium rock from Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner; the Intro to Sweet Jane on Lou Reed's Rock n Roll Animal. Had a few requests for this score over the years, as far as I know this is the only transcription available on the Net.

Second is one of Gilmour's more lively solos from Obscured by Clouds, his best period from Meddle through to Dark Side and Wish You Were Here, before he became a prisoner of his own style.

As I said Pentatonic noodling, but fun to learn some classic rock phrasing from.
Sound best using the Realistic Sound Engine on legit copies of Guitar Pro.
Might do a few more if I get a moment.
"The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth". - Andres Segovia

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Re: New Steve Hunter, D Gilmour tabs

Post by Some Bozo »

Nice thought but no-speaka-da proprietary file format. Is there a free viewer for gp5 ?
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Isn't Guitar Pro the proprietary format?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Ears
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Ears »

If you follow links to the download aome are about about Guitar pro software and lead you here:

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=download

This has a demo version that expires over a couple of weeks. It won't allow RSE playback but does allow midi on your soundcard which is sufficient but not nearly as realistic. Doesn't do the dynamic and different guitar sounds as well as RSE

I think you can print from the demo version. If so go through the site and grab other tabs too and print the ones you feel worthwhile.
"The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth". - Andres Segovia

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Some Bozo wrote:Nice thought but no-speaka-da proprietary file format. Is there a free viewer for gp5 ?
dunno if theres a version for m$ or Mac but look up Tuxguitar
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

Ears wrote:If you follow links to the download aome are about about Guitar pro software and lead you here:

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=download

This has a demo version that expires over a couple of weeks. It won't allow RSE playback but does allow midi on your soundcard which is sufficient but not nearly as realistic. Doesn't do the dynamic and different guitar sounds as well as RSE

I think you can print from the demo version. If so go through the site and grab other tabs too and print the ones you feel worthwhile.
Been there done that, demo already expired...
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Ears
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Ears »

http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/

Or PM me, you never know what may turn up in your mail

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

Actually listening to it again the solo goes on so long I'd just figure out the first and last lick and wing some spastic blues in between :D

Ears
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Ears »

Some Bozo wrote:Actually listening to it again the solo goes on so long I'd just figure out the first and last lick and wing some spastic blues in between :D
That's pretty much exactly what they're doing (in the Intro), some nice modulations toward the end though.