Moderator: Capt. Black

corsair
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Request For Living Color & Vinnie Moore Tab

Post by corsair »

Some Bozo wrote:Tab schmab for Living Color. Just play every lick you know within one minute at twice the speed you can play it in time, and making sure to leave leave zero empty space between notes :lol:
...and that would go for John Petrucci, Shawn Lane, George Lynch and all of the other uber-guitarists out there! :lol:
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

corsair wrote:
Some Bozo wrote:Tab schmab for Living Color. Just play every lick you know within one minute at twice the speed you can play it in time, and making sure to leave leave zero empty space between notes :lol:
...and that would go for John Petrucci, Shawn Lane, George Lynch and all of the other uber-guitarists out there! :lol:
LOL although I reckon it would be much harder to bullshit your way through a solo from the 'trucc and Shawn Lane. If you totally spazzed a Vernon Reid solo, who'd know ?
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

Some Bozo wrote:
corsair wrote:
LOL although I reckon it would be much harder to bullshit your way through a solo from the 'trucc and Shawn Lane. If you totally spazzed a Vernon Reid solo, who'd know ?
Petrucci yes, Lane? thats debatable, but no dissing VR, hes the man LC 4 Life!

corsair
Gibson
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by corsair »

Don't get me wrong; these lads have technical abilities way beyond my meagre talents, but there is such a concept of "less is more"... and letting a song 'breathe', eh!
Shredding can get very old, very quickly and I really admire the guys and gals who create soundscapes with taste - Andy Summers, Steve Cropper, James Wilkinson, Edge, Alex Lifeson, George Kooymans, Kenny Burrell .... there's more to life than speed, speed , speed!!
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Image :P
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

I like Vernon's rhythm playing, but his solos in living colour were a non stop blur of widdly-widdle and wang.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

alf
Ashton
Ashton

Post by alf »

Ironbird13 wrote:
i've been after tuxguitar, but dont know which one to download, it doesnt come up in my repositories :cry:
have been using dguitar, pretty budget and only reads gp3 and gp4
Don't really know much about Linux, but the top link in the linux section worked for me on Ubuntu Studio and 64Studio distros.

The Windows verson just worked straight away. :)

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

alf wrote:Don't really know much about Linux, but the top link in the linux section worked for me on Ubuntu Studio
jusy downloaded it, what do i do with it now :oops: bit of a noob, always used synaptics for installing
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Ironbird13 wrote:
alf wrote:Don't really know much about Linux, but the top link in the linux section worked for me on Ubuntu Studio
jusy downloaded it, what do i do with it now :oops: bit of a noob, always used synaptics for installing
see now if it was winders you'd just double click on it and it would install, then you'd blue screen.
if it was opensuse, you'd use YAST and it would fail to see it as a usable file and you'd still have to RTFM.
you may have to RTFM for ubuntu installs bro...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

RTFM?

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Ironbird13 wrote:RTFM?
dood.. you're a linux proponent and you don't know what RTFM means? :o
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

rocklander wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote:RTFM?
dood.. you're a linux proponent and you don't know what RTFM means? :o
my Linux didnt come with a manual :wink: :lol: :oops:

ive only had a computer for just over a year, and its always had Linux on it. its always worked so havnt had to do much to it :wink:

alf
Ashton
Ashton

Post by alf »

Ironbird13 wrote:
I think you can just double-click the file and it will install, just like a windows program. :)

Then when it fails, google the error to see what dependencies you don't have installed. Install the dependencies, then rinse and repeat until all dependencies are installed and, finally, tuxguitar is also installed.

Alternatively you can open a terminal window, cd to the location of the downloaded bin file and type ./filename and it will run the install process and give you a more detailed output (so you can more effectively google the errors :))

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Ironbird13 wrote: my Linux didnt come with a manual :wink: :lol: :oops:
your linux has come with hundreds of manuals dood.

open a terminal session and type 'man' (short for manual) and then pretty much any (okay, most.. okay some) executable file...
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

rocklander wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote: my Linux didnt come with a manual :wink: :lol: :oops:
your linux has come with hundreds of manuals dood.

open a terminal session and type 'man' (short for manual) and then pretty much any (okay, most.. okay some) executable file...
Ironically named command, should be called 'pussy' instead. HTFU don't RTFM ! :lol: