Post your tabs!

Moderator: Capt. Black

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Dragon tabs

Post by Red Fred »

Anyone found any good ones? I have found a few chord charts, but I'm after the little lead part in 'Are you old enough'. Anyone got it or know where I could find it? :)

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

I'd love to find the tab and lyrics for "Weetbix", a really early one of their's about a giant weetbix (or is a single a weetbick?) that terrorises the country. Had a chorus of something like "Weetbix bites, weetbix kills".

Unfortunately I don't know of any dragon tabs anywhere.
raz

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 359 times

Post by jimi »

Theres a couple at http://sola.peterland.net.nz/ ... not the ones you guys are after tho.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Its actually a very easy part to work out - even I managed a version. Try it yourself, you may be surprised. If you still have trouble, download one of the many riff slowdowners around and get it as slow as you like...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

I can't remember the key or even the progression offhand, :oops: but that lead bit sounds (in my head) like it starts with the maj 3rd; pretty much just goes up and down the major scale between the 3rd and 6th, and finally down to the root. The second (?) time - where it serves as a kind of lead break - I think it might jump down an octave, and it goes root,5th, root to maj7, 5th - b7th, 4th, b7 to 6th, 4th.

(I think that's it, anyway - it really depends on whether I'm humming the song correctly in my head ;) )
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

I'm pretty sure the lead starts at the 11th fret on the G string. Sorry I don't know much/any musical theory so that doesn't help...

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Wow I think i just got it.

---------------------------------10--8/7-8/7 (B)
--/11--11-11^-11-12^-11-------------7 (G)

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Red Fred wrote:I'm pretty sure the lead starts at the 11th fret on the G string. Sorry I don't know much/any musical theory so that doesn't help...
That's an F# - which is right. I've actually just been sitting downstairs and messing about. It sounds like it's in D. My memory makes me think there's a pedal tone in the bass, with the chords changing: D, A, C, G. Thinking of the music video for that song, I think the guitarist starts it at the 7th fret, B string. Goes up 8th fret, 10th fret; back to 8th, 10th, bend a whole tone, release, 8th, 7th, 7th, 8th, 7th fret G string. Then down to D on the 5th string (5th fret), A (7th fret D string), C# (4th fret A string), up to the A again; then repeat that down a tone (2 frets).

...I think ;) I'll just see if I can grab it onto the iBook from the PC (which depends on my network actually working), and see if I think that sounds right...

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

:lol: well, what I said is right for the lead bit after the choruses, but what do you know? - the intro lead bit's different. ;) Gawd it's been a long time since I've heard that song. :oops:

I think I had the chords right though. The pre-chorus is Bm to G a few times, then a ii-V (Em to A).

Here be bloggins

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Yeah instead of just C and A for the verse I used:

A/D C/D
E----------0-----------0----------
B----------2-----------1----------
G ---------2-----------0----------
D----------0-----------0----------
A----------X----------X----------
E----------X----------X----------

It sounds way better, however normal A is needed for the chorus.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Red Fred wrote:Yeah instead of just C and A for the verse I used:

A/D C/D
E----------0-----------0----------
B----------2-----------1----------
G ---------2-----------0----------
D----------0-----------0----------
A----------X----------X----------
E----------X----------X----------

It sounds way better, however normal A is needed for the chorus.
That's exactly how I was playing it when messing about last night 8)

Here be bloggins