The best guitar campfire songs for FourChords app?

Post your tabs!

Moderator: Capt. Black

sam_the_bogan
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: The best guitar campfire songs for FourChords app?

Post by sam_the_bogan »

Hmm... More than words has been busted out at a fair few drunken west Auckland bonfires. Also the house of the rising sun, but everyone has to be good and cut first.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

I've occasionally ended up with an acoustic in my hands and people expecting me to play something they all know, and basically I'm fucked cos I can't sing, and can never remember more than 2 lines of lyrics, and even though I play classic rock stuff in a covers band I just remember the songs as that ones 12 bar in C and need to hear the opening notes before I can play along.

Having an app that gives lyrics and chords to sing-a-long songs would actually be pretty handy.

Whats the model here? - free app and you buy the songs? Adware? If im essentially paying for digital sheet music are royalties going to the song writters?

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

jimi wrote:I've occasionally ended up with an acoustic in my hands and people expecting me to play something they all know, and basically I'm fucked cos I can't sing, and can never remember more than 2 lines of lyrics, and even though I play classic rock stuff in a covers band I just remember the songs as that ones 12 bar in C and need to hear the opening notes before I can play along.

Having an app that gives lyrics and chords to sing-a-long songs would actually be pretty handy.
I was thinking something similar, but then I figured the crowd should know the words and you could achieve the same effect with just the tab on your phone. Having said that, half the time people are used to hearing a song that has all the parts - gats, keys, bass, drums, vox - and when you just play the guitar part they go "wtf? That's not it." When it totally is it.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by jimi »

hamo wrote:but then I figured the crowd should know the words and you could achieve the same effect with just the tab on your phone.
Thats the old "yeah play that, we know the words, we'll sing it" which lasts about half the 1st verse, followed by some mumbling. End result inevitably awkward and disapppointing.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

jimi wrote:
hamo wrote:but then I figured the crowd should know the words and you could achieve the same effect with just the tab on your phone.
Thats the old "yeah play that, we know the words, we'll sing it" which lasts about half the 1st verse, followed by some mumbling. End result inevitably awkward and disapppointing.
Haha, yeah. "Play something we all know!"

There is nothing you all know.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I've sort of had an afternoon of that, luckily I know a few slide tunes now :) And if you forget the words you can just hum a verse or two and still sound authentic. Nothing they knew though, obviously :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

hamo wrote:
Haha, yeah. "Play something we all know!"

There is nothing you all know.
...Not even Dragon stuff? :?
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

GuitarWriterMan
Stagg
Stagg

Post by GuitarWriterMan »

Rog wrote:What, no "Ten Guitars" love? :lol:

Try to survive the pikkujoulu.
Hahaa!! Have you experienced the finnish Pikkujoulu? It is rough..... :crazy: But it is dark and cold here so we have to come up with good parties to lighten up the winter!

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

The website shows "House of the rising sun". Hmmm... Am C D F.... that's four, now whatcha gonna do for the E7 ?
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by jimi »

Vince wrote:...Not even Dragon stuff? :?
"I'm tired of the city lights, something something something ?????, we've got to go today, take me to the april sun in cuba, whoa oh oh".

I'm sure thats the extent of "I know all the words" for most people, and after checking google I didn't even get the 1st line right.

BG's got the right plan, atleast when you play some blue's no one cares if you make the words up, and since the 2nd line usually repeats the 1st they can all join in for some group participation.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

jimi wrote:
Vince wrote:...Not even Dragon stuff? :?
"I'm tired of the city lights, something something something ?????, we've got to go today, take me to the april sun in cuba, whoa oh oh".

I'm sure thats the extent of "I know all the words" for most people, and after checking google I didn't even get the 1st line right.
I suppose people's memory of the Rain lyrics would be equally patchy, eh?
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

GuitarWriterMan
Stagg
Stagg

Post by GuitarWriterMan »

jimi wrote:Whats the model here? - free app and you buy the songs? Adware? If im essentially paying for digital sheet music are royalties going to the song writters?
Yeah, it's a free app and you pay for the songs/songpacks. And yes, FourChords is an artist friendly app! FourChords pays all the copyright fees to the artists. :thumbup:

edit:
Of course there's some Free songs too! They are copyright free.

TBB Flamey
Gibson

Post by TBB Flamey »

Some of youse fullas are such cynical bastards aren't yah!!

The most fun Ive had at a 21st was when my friend Hosanna busted out the old nylon acoustic and started maori strummin away at some recent (at the time) top 40 tunes.

Everyone joined in simply cos they knew the words to every song. Was a HOOT, I don't care what anyone says. If enjoying the simple pleasures of life makes one a douche then someone get me a crown and make me king douche. Chur.
Live love leave eat sandwiches

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

TBB Flamey wrote:Some of youse fullas are such cynical bastards aren't yah!!

The most fun Ive had at a 21st was when my friend Hosanna busted out the old nylon acoustic and started maori strummin away at some recent (at the time) top 40 tunes.

Everyone joined in simply cos they knew the words to every song. Was a HOOT, I don't care what anyone says. If enjoying the simple pleasures of life makes one a douche then someone get me a crown and make me king douche. Chur.
Nice :thumbup:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.