Moderator: Capt. Black

corsair
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Country Calendar Theme..

Post by corsair »

Not discouraged at all, bro - glad for any feedback at all!! That was what I'd worked out many years ago and I'm quite sure it's not exact, eh - it's what a 20 year old was hearing!! I was hearing the C in the intro, hence the partial!
Now, as for an mp3, we're on dial-up out here AND as I've yet to digitise the track, it's probably best if I burn the thing to a disc and fire it your way? Does that sound OK?
If I can help you to work it out, I'd be more than happy, so keep me in mind for that, too... Here's the original bit of paper I had it tabbed on.... (ignore the intro from Homeward bound!)...

...so it's been around for awhile, eh!! :D
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

Ears
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Ears »

Thank you very much. I have PM you postal details etc.
We'll see if between us we can't produce a definitive transcription for all to enjoy.
"The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth". - Andres Segovia

Carnage
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Carnage »

Whoa! This thread still alive?... Ears, pm me your email address and I'll send you the mp3 tonight.
I'd be keen to see your tab after you've finished it :)
Trust in Allah... but tie your camel to a tree.

Carnage
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Carnage »

EMail and MP3 sent :)

TVNZ were very helpful for me... sent me the mp3 and the following details about the track:

Music details for the track:-
KPM 1067 ( real old vinyl )
Track 3 Hillbilly Child
Comp. Alan Moorehouse

Apparently they get requests for it all the time... anyway, I'd post the file here but it's 3.2 mb big and there's a 3mb limit.

Enjoy, and be sure to post an updated tab when you've had a listen!

corsair
Gibson

Post by corsair »

Thanks, carnage - good work! TVNZ were less then helpful when I contacted them about 15 years ago so kudos to them now! I've got the track on a vinyl compilation (which is AWOL as we speak!) which includes the TV1 news theme; very stirring stuff!! :lol:
Now the question is, was the afore-mentioned Alan Moorhouse the guitarist as well??! :)
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

corsair wrote:Thanks, carnage - good work! TVNZ were less then helpful when I contacted them about 15 years ago so kudos to them now! I've got the track on a vinyl compilation (which is AWOL as we speak!) which includes the TV1 news theme; very stirring stuff!! :lol:
Now the question is, was the afore-mentioned Alan Moorhouse the guitarist as well??! :)
next effort... goodnight kiwi
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Carnage
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Carnage »

More info... found an oldfriends profile of a woman who says her husband wrote and performed the theme.
More googling turned up the name Shelby Grant... A wellington guitar teacher.
Could be worth contacting for more info (and maybe a tab?):
http://www.bandwave.com/work-shop/teach ... hers4.html

corsair
Gibson

Post by corsair »

rocklander wrote:next effort... goodnight kiwi
:lol: you wouldn't be taking the urine, now would you, and teasing some fair dinkum kiwis with an interest in homegrown music??!! :lol: As a matter of fact. I still have that on an old video tape someplace - you want it to tab?! :D

johnny mullet
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by johnny mullet »

how 'bout a Cookie Monster Metal version of Ten Guitars?

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

corsair wrote:
rocklander wrote:next effort... goodnight kiwi
:lol: you wouldn't be taking the urine, now would you, and teasing some fair dinkum kiwis with an interest in homegrown music??!! :lol: As a matter of fact. I still have that on an old video tape someplace - you want it to tab?! :D
if you tabbed it I might even learn it.. it's a great lil number and be a huge laugh to throw it out at a gig.. that's what I sometimes do with country calendar :D
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

corsair
Gibson

Post by corsair »

Just as an aside, but in the same vein, has anyone heard of a track called 'Crusher" by Mike Harvey? IMHO, it'd be one of the best pieces of music to ever come out of NZ and in the late 70's was used in an L&P ad; it took me 17 years to track down the LP but what a beauty - "Great Expectations" if anyone's interested... I'd love to be able to post an mp3 of 'Crusher' somewhere but don't know how to do it....

So, Rocklander, do you play the entire CC theme or just bits of it? I used to play the intro only just to see if the punters were awake, and as for a HM version of 10 guitars, well, anything would be an improvement, really... :lol:

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

I only ever remember the intro.. but there was a while there that we (our current bassist, then main guitarist of an acoustic duo) played the whole lot.. he knew it (or a close enough rendition for the punters) and reminded me heh...
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

lizard

Post by lizard »

Hi guys. I'm brand new here but I came across the Country Calendar Theme on Kiwi Tabs and trying to get it right has been driving me mental. I'd really appreciate it if someone could email me the mp3!

corsair
Gibson

Post by corsair »

PM Carnage above and see if he'll flick it your way. If that doesn't happen I'm happy to put it on a disc and fire your way; we're on dial up.... :D

lizard

Post by lizard »

Cheers, I'll try that.