Post your tabs!

Moderator: Capt. Black

KurtiZ
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Picture Tabs? Guitar Pro?

Post by KurtiZ »

So my friend told me that he has this program at his school that is like super-awesome he says. It has a picture of a fret board up the top and for the notes, or tabs that play, it has a picture of a hand on the fretboard showing you how to do it.

Aparently alot of great bands use this and use it to write songs aswell, I wanna download it but I dont know the exact name.

So if you guys know of this or where I can get it from that would be great :wink:

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

Close, but doesn't have a picture of a hand to show you what to play.
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, theres nobody home". I went over, nobody was home.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

a lot of great bands use it to write songs?

take that with a huge pinch of salt....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

KurtiZ
Stagg
Stagg

Post by KurtiZ »

Oh ok...well that looks good anyway, Ill try and get the program off him when I see him next.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

I use guitar pro every now and then, I use it more to slow down a tab solo, then speed it up 1 beat every loop until I get it, though its always a dirge....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Ibanezdude
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Ibanezdude »

bluesgeek wrote:I use guitar pro every now and then, I use it more to slow down a tab solo, then speed it up 1 beat every loop until I get it, though its always a dirge....
Yeah GP is awesome for that. Another great use is its synths :P Our band records using guitar pro synths. They're pretty good actually, gotta love midi!
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, theres nobody home". I went over, nobody was home.

IkeKrull
Ashton
Ashton

software/tabs

Post by IkeKrull »

Theres plenty of software that will help you out with the guitar - easy access to internet tab and powerful recording and sequencing software is pretty awesome. There are vast amounts of learning resources out there for the keen guitarist.

However, you should try to avoid the urge to focus on the toys - software, pedals, amps, guitars etc. etc. None of it will help much with your technique, with your touch, or your abiility to hear what is going on musically. While everyone is affected by G.A.S (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), you should always bear in mind that if you can't make it sound good on a battered old acoustic on the beach with no 'tech support', you won't make it sound good on a pointy metal gat through a rack full of digital gear and a full stack either.

Also, try not to expect too much from yourself - your skills as a player will be pretty poor initially, and will always improve faster by playing simple things correctly, over and over, than playing complex things wrong, over and over. The availability of tab kind of encourages you to 'get ahead of yourself', and while its good to push yourself, and attempt new material, dont neglect the basic stuff. A 3-chord folk song played with skill and feeling will always sound better than sloppy, disjointed thrash metal.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

IkeKrull is SO right there... I started out by listening to my brother playing (pretty painfully) "oh my darling clementine" and I was never gonna be playing "that crap" so went for the tab, and only played the songs I wanted to (or parts therof - another flaw.. learning only 'parts' of songs rather than the whole thing.. no good at a gig saying "oh, I know this bit of a megadeth song")..but I digress.. the point being, he's a great guitarist now...

I'm a singer :lol:
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

KurtiZ
Stagg
Stagg

Post by KurtiZ »

true those are some good points...i did wanna try play some of my fav music first but now ill just go for the easier stuff, might learn some korn songs or something - they dont look too hard.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

KurtiZ wrote:might learn some korn songs or something - they dont look too hard.
here's a start for ya..
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/~apa ... Crack_Corn
:wink:
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

rocklander wrote:no good at a gig saying "oh, I know this bit of a megadeth song
What's wrong with knowing only bits of Megadeth songs? I know several bits of several Megadeth songs, it's great when people ask me to play something and I do a little bit of one of them... of course they always ask why I stopped and could I play the rest of it, to which I have to reply "erm, I don't actually know the rest of it", but hell they should be impressed that I can play the into to Holy Wars alone, what more do those bastards want from me??? I ain't no fucking performing seal, they can't just throw me a fish ad expect me to play the WHOLE of Rust in Peace, for god's sake... bastards will be asking me to play the whole solo to Foreclosure of a Dream next, instead of just the easy bit at the beginning...
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

I can play the intro to Symphony Of Destruction. Perhaps we could release an NZG Megadeth intro tribute CD.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Cool, maybe instead we could learn different little bits of Megadeth songs, enough to be able to play a whole song between us, then we could do some really cool NZG guitar duel Megadeth thing... damn, the chicks are going to dig us, this is a great idea...

I bags the easy bits!
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

I can play an open e power chordy thing.. surely they use one of them somewhere?
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass