Troubled fingers?

A forum just for the lefties and people who want to abuse them....

Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Troubled fingers?

Post by Bg »

slowfingers wrote:Ouch. That's not funny. Did something similar to my thumb but stuck the severed meat back on. It reattached.

Grant, you need to put a little tube over your finger to keep the dressing off the wound. It needs to be protected but untouched. And it will take a while too. :(
ah the all new voice of reason....

Putting the meat back on is where the superglue comes in handy, thats what it was developed for.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

BG wrote:
slowfingers wrote:Ouch. That's not funny. Did something similar to my thumb but stuck the severed meat back on. It reattached.

Grant, you need to put a little tube over your finger to keep the dressing off the wound. It needs to be protected but untouched. And it will take a while too. :(
ah the all new voice of reason....

Putting the meat back on is where the superglue comes in handy, thats what it was developed for.
You're broadly correct, but covering Unique's fingertip with the ethyl-2 form of cyanoacrylate you get at Mitre 10 might not be the best strategy for cultivating his friendship. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

meh stop being so bloody reasonable!

and
The United States National Toxicology Program and the United Kingdom Health and Safety Executive have concluded that the use of ethyl cyanoacrylate is safe and that additional study is unnecessary.[16] 2-octyl cyanoacrylate degrades much more slowly due to its longer organic backbone that slows the degradation of the adhesive enough to remain below the threshold of tissue toxicity. Due to the toxicity issues of ethyl cyanoacrylate, the use of 2-octyl cyanoacrylate for sutures is preferred.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

I gave my thumb a nasty gash like that a few years ago (there are photos of me at one of the Welly gearfests with a big dorky bandage on it) but the meaty bit didn't get fully severed. The A&E doctor glued it down but man it took a long time to fully heal. My thumb was pretty much unusable for a good three months or so and the scar still hurts if it gets knocked.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

BG wrote:meh stop being so bloody reasonable!
I thought it made a nice change from being a Dick. :lol:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.