Troubled fingers?

A forum just for the lefties and people who want to abuse them....

Moderator: Capt. Black

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Troubled fingers?

Post by Jay »

Yeah I should do a family shot too.

30, 50, 500, 503, an old C130 classical
You start the thread "The Group Shot - Yamaha"?

I have never had the pleasure of holding a 500 and 503 - all keen.
You two should marry.
Thanks Mr Slowfingers. Ideal solution to bring some guitars together....But hey, DC is male right?
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

jvpp wrote:
I have arthritis already (I'm only 25)
Bugger, sorry to hear that. I don't know what Mr Rock & Roller suffers from but I guess it is arthritis as well. Mind you, he's in his 60ties now.

Looks like you have the right attitude - keep positive, keep on playing.
My uncle played blues piano into his sixties, now his hands are shot, so he's still gigging, but on the harmonica. Still plays a little piano, but he can't make a lot of chords. He's still damn good considering. I'm sure the same thing will happen to me, but I intend to keep at it as long as I can.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

This is troubling me at present...finger style is a tad difficult, kinda catches on the string.

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by dc »

Cheers for that ;)

Yep, that's a trouble finger alright.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

This is troubling me at present...finger style is a tad difficult, kinda catches on the string.
That's the salute finger, right?

Always wear your gloves when washing the dishes...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

*UNIQUE* wrote:This is troubling me at present...finger style is a tad difficult, kinda catches on the string.

Bump for the meat...no sympathy from you quims :x:D

Changed the dressing..not fun. Stuff had stuck to meat. Bugger. I know this pales compared to that member who showed his crushed hand....who was that.

Ouch.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Fuck dude, that looks gross. :thumbdown:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

I get split and dry and crusty skin on my fingers, when it bothers me I get some "sensitive skin" soap substitute, I forget the brand, but it clears up after a couple of weeks of that. The main thing is to avoid soap. Worst thing I've done to my hands is put a dumbell down on my left hand third finger at the gym. Hurt like bejeebuz and took a lot of HTFU to be able to play bends for the next couple of months. Made for some good Gary Moore faces though :lol:
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:This is troubling me at present...finger style is a tad difficult, kinda catches on the string.

Bump for the meat...no sympathy from you quims :x:D

Changed the dressing..not fun. Stuff had stuck to meat. Bugger. I know this pales compared to that member who showed his crushed hand....who was that.

Ouch.
Htfu just squirt some superglue on it and you'll be as right as rain... :yawn:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

bbrunskill wrote:
My uncle played blues piano into his sixties, now his hands are shot, so he's still gigging, but on the harmonica. Still plays a little piano, but he can't make a lot of chords. He's still damn good considering. I'm sure the same thing will happen to me, but I intend to keep at it as long as I can.
Saw a thing once about Japanese taiko drumming, an older guy was saying "When I was a young man, I played the big drum. When I was older I couldn't do that any more so I played the medium drum. Now I play the small drum, but I'll always be playing something, even if I end up with a hand cymbal. There's always something a man can hit!"
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

BG wrote: Htfu just squirt some superglue on it and you'll be as right as rain... :yawn:
That's better....I shoved some lemon and salt in it last night to be sure it wasn't just a surface scratch. It isn;t

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

if you're going to use a heady cocktail, you might as well get some malt vinegar in there too.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Thanks for the tip...meths is has proven to be a winner.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Ouch. That's not funny. Did something similar to my thumb but stuck the severed meat back on. It reattached.

Grant, you need to put a little tube over your finger to keep the dressing off the wound. It needs to be protected but untouched. And it will take a while too. :(
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Yeah, you're right on all counts. Years ago I took the end of my thumb off....but the meat back and it reattached....no I just have a little scar. This was different...the meaty piece was a mess though. And plus, we sorta panicked and left it too long....bugger, it would have been the right thing to do.