new demos new sound

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

El Chris
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

new demos new sound

Post by El Chris »

The band got together yesterday and hashed up some new songs with new bits and made some completely new ones, definitely a different sound. Our writer recorded and uploaded them after practice, pretty rough still but have a listen: http://www.myspace.com/reboundbandits

also looking for gigs around wellington if anyone needs an opener ;P

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: new demos new sound

Post by sambrowne »

Very, very good stuff. Mister Compromise was awesome. I always click on myspace links with a mix of hope and resignation to the fact it'll most likely be shit. This time, hope won the day and good music was enjoyed.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Is this the '50s inspired band you thought about quitting?

Don't do it, sounds ace.

Snippets of The Smiths, Killers, Costello, Arctic Monkeys, all kinds of stuff in there!
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

El Chris
Squier

Post by El Chris »

This WAS the 50s inspired band, we worked things out and decided the organ had to go, and are opting for this type of sound instead. Pretty happy with how it turned out, still need to polish up the solos (they aren't my takes ATM, just the other guitarist mucking around for filler stuff for the demos).

Cheers for the response guys ;x, was thinking that no one would reply haha

god himself
Ashton
Ashton

Post by god himself »

Yeah cool! Shitloads better than the stuff I pump out, I think your right with the guitar work needing polishing tho.
http://www.myspace.com/grimacemaster Tell me what you think!

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Cool man, sounds like you got on the guys case because it doesn't sound at all like 50s stuff! Here's a friends band from Auckland that actually does, not totally sure about the whole retro thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2EEoYiKoWY

Where's your singer from? Seems to switch between an Arctic Monkey's british accent to a Franz Ferdinand scottish accent.. confusing! I assume he's got a New Zealand accent and he's faking it for the ladies? :)

Also, it's funny that you've got a song called Mister Compromise with words like "No more, no more mister compromise" hehe! Busted

El Chris
Squier

Post by El Chris »

thehenderson wrote: Where's your singer from? Seems to switch between an Arctic Monkey's british accent to a Franz Ferdinand scottish accent.. confusing! I assume he's got a New Zealand accent and he's faking it for the ladies? :)

Also, it's funny that you've got a song called Mister Compromise with words like "No more, no more mister compromise" hehe! Busted
haha yeah, NZ accent, it's pretty confusing.. can't really sing with an NZ accent though ;)

Was funny though, the other guys were feeling the same about the sound and what needed to be done, so it worked out pretty well..

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Good for you man :D

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

sounds real good!
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?