Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Don't drink and drive a guitar!

Post by Gelato »

So I had a few drinks (too many) and decided that recording myself playing one of my favourite solos would be a great idea. :roll: So this is the result of me thinking that I would be able to play the solo from Gary Moores version of Shapes Of Things....

Pure massacre :?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3916 times

Post by Bg »

woah mate, I want to hear you do that one sober - if you think thats a massacre! I'd say 90% of my recording is done while drunk in charge ;) Bloody nice tone on the recording too....

Gary is my god :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

bluesgeek wrote:woah mate, I want to hear you do that one sober - if you think thats a massacre! I'd say 90% of my recording is done while drunk in charge ;) Bloody nice tone on the recording too....

Gary is my god :)
Cheers mate for the comments. Maybe I will get to play it sober at the next jam? 8) I had another listen this morning without the advantage of the beers, and I'm actually reasonably happy with it (but can still hear some shocking timing in bits) :lol:

My tone is all Zoom. Fender Strat, to Zoom effects unit, to crappy onboard sound card on my PC (my home studio PC has been commandeered to run as a temporary Citrix server for a client :().

Gary is one of my all time favourite guitar gods (more so the pre-blues days when he had the cool rock mullet 8) )

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

which Zoom are you using?

Do you like the Scars stuff?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

bluesgeek wrote:which Zoom are you using?

It's a Zoom 9150 (rack mount). It gets an awesome distorted tone as it has tubes in it :) The rest of the effects are digital, and it's doesn't have the noise problems that Zooms are known for.

I must admit I haven't heard the Scar stuff. That was just a few years ago wasn't it? I'll have to track it down. My favourite things by Gary are his mid to late 80's stuff, when he was considered by many to be the fastest guitarist in the world 8)

MaloS
Stagg
Stagg

Post by MaloS »

man...make a sober recording of that...
not gonna repeat geek, but damn...

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Nice 8) I don't know the track, but I thought your rendition of it sounded good. 8) I'll join the bunch of requests for a sober one too :P
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

I tired a sober version and it wasn't as good as this one :(

Think I'll have to try and find something a bit easier to record :wink:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Gelato wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:which Zoom are you using?

It's a Zoom 9150 (rack mount). It gets an awesome distorted tone as it has tubes in it :) The rest of the effects are digital, and it's doesn't have the noise problems that Zooms are known for.

I must admit I haven't heard the Scar stuff. That was just a few years ago wasn't it? I'll have to track it down. My favourite things by Gary are his mid to late 80's stuff, when he was considered by many to be the fastest guitarist in the world 8)
Yeah Scars are 2002/2003 I think... Its pretty good :) Better than 'A Different Beat' which is like a fusion between Flashdance and MC-Hammer Shit....

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Wow if you can play like that when drunk you must be a king of sorts when sober! :shock:
Gary Moore is a solo artist aye?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

he is and he isn't.... had a spell in Thin Lizzy, Collesium and his new band 'Scars'

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

But he's more known for his solo stuff? Is he the guy that plays an LP and has weird wiring for the two buckers? :?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

his blues stuff is usually done on an LP but for the Scars he was using Strats and an Explorer