Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Some hair metal

Post by Tsuken »

Surprise, right? :P

I think I've posted this before, but I threw some vocals on it today (sorry). I think the first half of the first verse needs to be down an octave (I think) but whatever. I don't want to re-record any of the lead guitar, mostly because of the semi_Petrucci run that erupted at the end of the song - from where I don't know. ;)

It's the first song in the player here - called Road Song (Runaway)

I wrote it back in 1993, with Dylan, and it was just called Road Song. When I added the keyboards they reminded me of Runaway by Bon Jovi; with that, and the need to re-write the chorus lyrics, the subtitle was added.

Apologies in advance for the caterwauling ...
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Re: Some hair metal

Post by rocklander »

holy hell.. how do you hit (and hold) those highs? they make the song vox wise I reckon :D
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Cheers man. 8) Credit for anything good in my singing is down to Dylan's encouragement and pushing (all the crap is down to me) ;)

I can hit some notes, but after 2 or 3 I'm wrecked. For a while I had a vocal warm-up/exercise tape (yes, cassette tape) starting with easy low songs, moving through medium stuff, to Judas Priest, and ending with Skid Row: Wasted Time. I can't do that any more :| Halfway through the first verse of a moderately high song I start sounding like Axl Rose with a cold. :P

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

That's really good, I could listen to a lot of that :)

I dropped into your blog last week and the rest of your youtube clips are pretty bloody good as well, I was listening to a load of it through the afternoon at work (the joys of bashing out word/visio docs) and I only meant to have a quick listen to Layla ;)

nice one

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Oh man, if you recorded some real drums in it it'd really make the track. I love it though, real hair metal :twisted: :twisted: 8)

And WOAH, chops!

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

IMPRESSED! 8)

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Thanks guys. 8)

Yeah, it really (really really really) needs some real drums. Our friendly neighbourhood Polar Bear has offered to do some drums for me, but I don't want to overload him, so it might have to wait a while - as I've already sent him three songs ;)

Here be bloggins

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Holy shit.

I was listening to it thinknig ... Mmmmmm ... hope this has a solo that rips.

It did.

Oh wow.

I think I have listened to it three times now and it's playing for a fourth time.

I loved the screams ... I got up and played for half a set last night to give a tired vocalist a break ... I think I got one semi scream like that ... and I am feeling it today. And the harmonies were awesome as well! I love me some harmonies ... possibly because I am so crap at them myself. I'm the worst type of BVer ... because I am enthusiastic, but generally crap.

If you were asking what I would change in the song ... a live drummer would be awesome of course, but the only thing would be to try it with a slightly more simple bass line. You have all this neat guitar stuff happening and it seems like the bass is competing for prowess. I don't care because I am a bass player ... and the world needs more bass solos (I don't care if the drums stop) ... but I am completely and utterly impressed.

Bring on the shred.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Great stuff indeed!

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Very cool, it's great to have a good drummer, and they tend to improve on any automated sounds, but I think the track works as is. 8)

The solo had great tone, good dynamics and it was exciting, passionate vocals too! Thanks for sharing!
Tin arse!!

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Thanks for listening 8) It is one of my songs I like best 8)

Here be bloggins

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Post by rob_on_guitar »

Outta my waaay....
Cool man! back to the hey day! Woo!

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

That was top stuff mate 8)
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Nice mate though not my cuppa tea ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Can't listen to your clip until the 21st of this month, when they take the limter off our broadband, But I will make a point of listening.
Your playing is always top notch world class stuff, but I do wonder why you always do a "nice" smile at the camera. Not a bad thing, but it kinda stands out.
Try something nasty like a Gene Simmons smile maybe? :mrgreen: