k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Re: Immigrant Song cover

Post by k1w1 »

:lol: Yeah always wondered how you could play that low, but man that first clip was great Raf. Grew up on that stuff.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

Capt. Black wrote:
Tsuken wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:Great cover. Strap could be longer.
....It srsly doesn't go any lower though - and just as well, cos my playing really suffered even at that height. A bizarre number of takes were needed, for such a technically easy solo.....

And you guys wondered how Pagey could be so charmingly sloppy...
I jsut hought it was 'cause he was shit... ;)
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

k1w1 wrote::lol: Yeah always wondered how you could play that low, but man that first clip was great Raf. Grew up on that stuff.
Cheers man 8) Likewise - that was one of the first actual songs I learnt and played. I always liked Out on the Tiles as well. Damn cool song that one
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I vote for piezo-acoustic tomfoolery next. 8)
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Tsuken wrote:
k1w1 wrote::lol: Yeah always wondered how you could play that low, but man that first clip was great Raf. Grew up on that stuff.
Cheers man 8) Likewise - that was one of the first actual songs I learnt and played. I always liked Out on the Tiles as well. Damn cool song that one
:lol: At that time I was playing first trumpet in the school orchestra, man I wanted to play guitar, didn't get there for another 20 plus years :mrgreen:
ash wrote:I vote for piezo-acoustic tomfoolery next. 8)
For me,dude plays anything, would love to hear Little Feat Raf style, Willin or Fat Man, be outside his normal :mrgreen:

Edited to add: But since they are my all time favourite, I am biased :lol:

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

k1w1 wrote:
Tsuken wrote:
:lol: At that time I was playing first trumpet in the school orchestra, man I wanted to play guitar, didn't get there for another 20 plus years :mrgreen:
For me,dude plays anything, would love to hear Little Feat Raf style, Willin or Fat Man, be outside his normal :mrgreen:

Edited to add: But since they are my all time favourite, I am biased :lol:
Oh yeah! Willin' was another of the first songs I played. I loooooove that song. I might just have to do that. Thinking about doing The Weight as well, along the acoustic line 8)

That said though, did you not notice Adrian, that I did use the piezos in that clip? And in my previous La Grange clip? ;)

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Tsuken wrote:Willin' was another of the first songs I played. I loooooove that song.
Me too, especially the Linda Ronstadt version.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

I have been fooling around with The Weight for last few months, originally had some tab in A but THEN found out Robbie Robertson plays it in G on the Last Waltz, man that opens up everything for a strummer like me, much more dynamic. And Cripple Creek, simple but damn good.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

Tsuken wrote: That said though, did you not notice Adrian, that I did use the piezos in that clip? And in my previous La Grange clip? ;)
I notices both times, but I mean pure piezo in synthetic acoustic isolation. Like some synthetic Phil Keaggy or Andy McKee!
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

ash wrote:
Tsuken wrote: That said though, did you not notice Adrian, that I did use the piezos in that clip? And in my previous La Grange clip? ;)
I notices both times, but I mean pure piezo in synthetic acoustic isolation. Like some synthetic Phil Keaggy or Andy McKee!
Yeah I know. ;)

I've been looking around for an impulse response of an acoustic guitar amp - no luck. I might just see what it sounds like direct

brb ...

Here be bloggins

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

So .. investigated the sound of the piezos direct

.. ummm ... yeah. Is good, yah. Way better than I had thought or expected, from when I've played with the piezos going - I think I could hear to much of the strings acoustically, rather than picked up by the piezos. But record and listen back: is good.

Just need to add vocals and I'll have a dirty cover of Willin' done 8)

Here be bloggins

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

tomfoolery uploaded. Processing as I type ;)

Here be bloggins

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

There's been some mind reading going on in the last ten minutes, I see. :D