shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Mars

Post by shinenz »

Here is one of our new tracks, sorry for distorted vocals, they weren't in the room at the time of recording (using a zoom H1) , just the way they recorded....critique welcome, this is the third time we played it, only just wrote it few days before prac...so still some work to do on structure and each vocalists part ... possibly a tad long

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage

mike
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Mars

Post by mike »

I really like the melody and overall harmonic structure and movement. The drums and bass are distorting something (the H1 mic?) - maybe the room is a bit boomy. I would perhaps reign the slide in a bit as it is bit wandery - but it is an important part of the aforementioned harmonic structure so you need to be careful how you do that in my opinion.

I like it - it has impact.

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Mars

Post by shinenz »

mike wrote:I really like the melody and overall harmonic structure and movement. The drums and bass are distorting something (the H1 mic?) - maybe the room is a bit boomy. I would perhaps reign the slide in a bit as it is bit wandery - but it is an important part of the aforementioned harmonic structure so you need to be careful how you do that in my opinion.

I like it - it has impact.
Thx Mike, yer the distorting is the recording (I didn't have the auto level on), the room also is a bit small, but overall handles 6 people remarkably well. I agree with structure of slide, as it was a 3rd try, and now since i have listened to it, i'll be able to sit with slide player and work out the overall part it will play

thx again dude, appreciated
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage