Couple of soundclips, critique welcomed

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Couple of soundclips, critique welcomed

Post by Mini Forklift »

Hey all,

Just thought I'd post up a couple of short clips, basically recorded for reference as I try to improve my vibrato :?

For this one I used my Vintage 'Lemon Drop' guitar into a Jet City 20w head running into a Mesa Lonestar 2x12 cab. Pedal wise is a variable reverb - Snouse Bluesbreaker - Dumble Drive (basically ran as treble booster).

Mini Forklift

Re: Couple of soundclips, critique welcomed

Post by Mini Forklift »

This one's just having some fun with a new pedal I got yesterday, it's pretty obvious when I kick it in. Same setup as above with the addition of this gnarly little bugger :lolno:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Occurred to me at Gearfest that you're a proper tidy guitar player. Like the restraint in those examples.

Tidy those cables and turn that cab the right way and I'll give you a recording contract. :-)

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:Like the restraint in those examples
That's cos I can't play fast :lol:

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

vibratos alright.

not sure what you're recording with but generally, if something is flashing red, turn it down.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

JHorner wrote:vibratos alright.

not sure what you're recording with but generally, if something is flashing red, turn it down.
Cheers JH, just my cell phone for those clips. I have a decent recording setup (Line 6 DAW, Cubase 7 etc) and I'm working on some stuff that hopefully one day I'll feel comfortable enough to put out there :)

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Great playing!

I've had that Octave fuzz before. You probably already know this, but I find the best way to use the octave on that fuzz is to try and get the octave sounding as ' clean' sounding as you can, with as little fuzz as possible - then run another fuzz after it - using the second fuzz pedal to provide the fuzz element of the equation. You'll also a get great sound using your neck pickup, maybe turning the volume down a bit. The octave sound, sounds better on the higher frets.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

ah tastefully played, love the quick vib, would love to hear something through a proper recording rig as its sounding awesome through a fone :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
JHorner wrote:vibratos alright.

Cheers JH, just my cell phone for those clips. I have a decent recording setup (Line 6 DAW, Cubase 7 etc) and I'm working on some stuff that hopefully one day I'll feel comfortable enough to put out there :)
don't be daft, I post my stuff all the time and I can't play for toffee :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

AiRdAd wrote:Great playing!

I've had that Octave fuzz before. You probably already know this, but I find the best way to use the octave on that fuzz is to try and get the octave sounding as ' clean' sounding as you can, with as little fuzz as possible - then run another fuzz after it - using the second fuzz pedal to provide the fuzz element of the equation. You'll also a get great sound using your neck pickup, maybe turning the volume down a bit. The octave sound, sounds better on the higher frets.
Something I stumbled upon, was how dialling back the tone knob on the guitar takes a lot of the normal guitar out of the sound but leaves the octave element to sound out clearer.
Using a Wah pedal rocked all the way back has a similar effect, with the added bonus of being able to rock the pedal to bring more or less normal guitar tone back in. Raucous fun!

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

AiRdAd wrote:Great playing!

I din't know that, thanks for the tips. Hmmmm... so looks like I might need to hunt down another fuzz 8)
Capt. Black wrote:Something I stumbled upon, was how dialling back the tone knob on the guitar takes a lot of the normal guitar out of the sound but leaves the octave element to sound out clearer.
Using a Wah pedal rocked all the way back has a similar effect, with the added bonus of being able to rock the pedal to bring more or less normal guitar tone back in. Raucous fun!
Awesome, cheers :thumbup:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Bg wrote:ah tastefully played, love the quick vib, would love to hear something through a proper recording rig as its sounding awesome through a fone :)
Cheers BG. Working on recording some good quality stuff, just more of a challenge when you have to source the drums from somewhere and play the bass, strings & horns yourself :wtf:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah, tell me about it, I've been doing that for years too ;)