Yet more 80s metal

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Yet more 80s metal

Post by Tsuken »

This one needs some lyrics, and I forgot to record some outro lead gutar, but never mind; I'm on a posting roll, so what the hell - work in progress and all that.

http://www.owen.net.nz/raf/mp3/ADreamTooLate.mp3
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

fooey
Stagg
Stagg

Post by fooey »

havent had a chance to listen to it yet but all your new songs popping up
has inspired me to do some recording this weekend :D

CHEERS!

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

I like it 8) Cool riff, and I especially like the change at around 1:41, the Vai like effects in the background are awesome and the solo works really well.
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Thanks man ;)

The effects in the half-time bit were a total accident. ;) I didn't realise the patch had all those harmonised delays, and I was playing with the monitor off. When I listened back I was all like "woah d00d" and stuff :P

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Sack your drum machine.

To me, it sounds like you're a section short of a song. I like the 'eventide'-like bridge, but there isn't really a chorus section to complement the main riff/verse. The solo is quite good, you play with good time and it has a reasonable amount of variation.

Go hunting for a chorus, I reckon.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

:lol: I know the drums are crap in that one. It's just one loop dragged out for the whole track; no extra bits programmed in or changes of any sort.

The sustained chords bit which comes at the end of the verse section was kind of meant to be a chorus sort of thing (or to be there instead of a chorus ... or something ;) ), but I think you're right that it needs something more. Cheers.

Here be bloggins