Still Got the Blues

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by DarcyPerry »

Tsuken wrote:At work now. Laptop's in the shop (after gnarly droppage, d00d) so I'll listen later.

I have to say though, I find it hard to listen to Still Got the Blues, since the lead part is just a complete rip-off of a Lionel Richie song:
tell me how to win your heart, for I haven't got a clue, but let me start by saying, I love you
- Whichever song that is.
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I think it's called Hello. Beautiful song by a talented melody writer, Richie is a legend for sure. Anyway, the structure is more Autumn Leaves. Gary borrowed it for Parisian Walkways and then decided to use it again because, well it works so well. Decending 5ths I think.

I'm not a Gary fan but his dedication to the blues idiom and his love for Peter Green won my respect a long time ago. His tone is more in his pedals than his fingers though. I can't stand that sometimes.

Ah well, I'm still your fan BG. Once again, great job.
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

cheers mate :) I'm rustling up a couple of old Greeny tunes shortly, after today I've got my evenings and weekends back YaY!!!!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Yay! Peter Green!!!
Tin arse!!