Work in progress(Song writing rather than tone clip :o)

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Greg
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Work in progress(Song writing rather than tone clip :o)

Post by Greg »

This is a song I'm busy working on, have had the rhythm guitar part sitting around for a year and a half so decided to kick myself in the ass and get started working on the rest. At the moment this is just the rhythm guitar and a couple ideas here and there I'm playing around with for the bass... since I'm parking it for a week again with exams thought I'd get your opinions on the overall, and see if any of my bass ideas grab anyone... not sure on em myself so the break will be good to come back and assess :)

This is a guitar pro version, I have no recording capability at the moment, and want to have the whole song planned out to the last minute detail before startin. Excuse the lag - my computer is too shit to record even guitar pro properly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trueman
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Trueman »

Keep it up - the song has definite potential. Are you playing to a metronome the whole time? It seems to speed up. If thats your intention thats awesome!
http://www.guitarpedals.co.nz
http://www.john-trueman.com Guitarist from Down Under

** Voodoo Labs, Xotic Effects, T-Rex Engineering, Lovepedal, Malekko, Pigtronix, George L's, Mi-Audio, Suhr, Lave Cable, ZVEX, RJM, LEHLE + **

Greg
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Greg »

Yeah, it does speed up as the song progresses. After I finished writing the rhythm guitar the song became a whole collection of experiments really haha. One was wanting to try have the tempo increase throughout the song without it sounding weird.. it works a little better when I play it myself - this was just me trying to get guitar pro to do the same thing which sounds a bit less fluid in places.

I pity the drummer when I come to record this haha