Another improvement 8)

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Another improvement 8)

Post by Tsuken »

Now that I'm getting my recordings to sound better, I've gone and improved "Lady". One of the first things I did was to change the main rhythm guitar part to an electric piano part :shock: :!: That was a complete bastard to play :? I then added a couple of funky little stratty guitar parts - cos I had to have some guitar in the choruses ;) and changed the upright acoustic bass to an electric funk bass. I went somewhat strange for the middle solo :| I keep vacillating between thinking it's too much of a stylistic shift, and thinking I like it so what the hell :P

In fact, just about the only things remaining from the previous version of the song are the intro and outro lead guitar parts, and the vocals - to which I applied noise reduction, compression, time correction, and pitch correction ;)

Anyway, here 'tis: http://www.owen.net.nz/raf/mp3/Lady.mp3
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

wicked keyboard tracking man!

thanks for redoing this song - i really like it.

not redoing the vox was good idea coz they have this great air of wounded insouciance that seems very "room vibey". and you reall have cleaned them up with the processing.

very clean recording - you might be at the point of cleanousity that putting a tape/valve sim on the master buss might add a nice slight mushiness.

this song has been stuck in my head since i heard your previous version. im constantly singing "lady, lady, ... "
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Thanks man - I'm really pleased you like it. 8)

I'll try to figure out what your 4th paragraph means in practical terms ;) Apart from being less Scottish, and actually spending money to get a proper recording programme :P With Garageband I think it might involve exporting the song, then starting a new projeect, importing the .aiff, and sticking a valve sim on that track - though I will see if there's anything I can do with the master track other than adjust volume, which is all I've actually tried at this point.

At the moment at least, this is my favourite of my songs. I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out - and I might start writing some more in this kiiiiiind of Steely Dan-ish vibe. 8)

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

IkeKrull
Ashton
Ashton

Grageband

Post by IkeKrull »

I'm pretty sure Garageband allows you to apply any effects to the master track - I think just double click on it and add the effects like any other track.

I dont have my mac in front of me so can't check right now though.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

I'd just logged on to post an update: that I checked and yes you can add any effects to the master track 8) - so yes mate, you're right :)

Here be bloggins

humphreybear
Ashton
Ashton

Re: Another improvement 8)

Post by humphreybear »

really cool
I smell Bacon, I smell Pork, look out little piggy, I have a fork!

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Re: Another improvement 8)

Post by Tsuken »

cheers man 8)

Here be bloggins