Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Ballad-ness in progress

Post by Tsuken »

Thought I'd post this: http://www.owen.net.nz/raf/mp3/HookedOnYou.mp3

It's yet another song I wrote many years ago, and decided to record a while back. This version has no vocals, as (a) when I recorded some they sucked, and (b) the lyrics are just too adolescent emo (well, I guess that is when I wrote it ;) ). I suppose I should get my samick together and write some new lyrics, and record them - though I'll probably not be recording more until I get a new computer, as it's just too painful on the old iBook. :|

Anyhoo, the drums are fairly sad, the guitar fills in the second verse are mixed too loud (and the tone's too warbly), and the keys are my typical crap-ness. But ... I am actually pleased with the guitars :shock: (other than the aforementioned fills ... though I kind of like the fills themselves). I know that's very unusual for me, but don't worry - I won't make a habit of it :P
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Ballad-ness in progress

Post by Basket Case »

Nice lead playing and tone Tsuken! I can imagine Dylan doing a great job with vocals on this one.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Re: Ballad-ness in progress

Post by Tsuken »

Cheers man. I did ask Dylan to have a crack at some vocals if he got a chance, but it seems he's been busy, what with moving house and all, and I haven't heard back from him about it.
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins