Moderator: Capt. Black

dylan
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

finally an original song recording

Post by dylan »

"lost my soul" - first of my "attempt to get regional radio airplay" recordings.

hope youz enjoy:)

**edit - replaced the second "its allright" with the first one, added one more percussion track, tweaked mastering***

**edit - reduced reverb levels, flagrantly autotuned some suss notes***

mar31 - reupped with way louder vox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dylan on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Re: finally an original song recording

Post by Tsuken »

I can has coolnez? 8)

I really like that, man. 8) Cool bass, cool harmonies (I absolutely love the woah-oh-oh bit starting at 2:59 8) ), great lead vocals - especially in the "But it's alright" bits (and most especially the first one :shock: ), some neat things happening rhythmically - somehow it's definite but ambiguous (at least that's my best attempt at explaining what I mean) ;)

Good luck with it :)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Tsuken wrote:I can has coolnez? 8)

I really like that, man. 8) Cool bass, cool harmonies (I absolutely love the woah-oh-oh bit starting at 2:59 8) ), great lead vocals - especially in the "But it's alright" bits (and most especially the first one :shock: ), some neat things happening rhythmically - somehow it's definite but ambiguous (at least that's my best attempt at explaining what I mean) ;)

Good luck with it :)
what he said, very cool mate - especially the ambiguous thing :) you're too damned talented!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

I don't know if it's supposed to, but the song put a smile on my dial. Very cool Dylan. If I heard that on the radio I would definitely turn it up, roll my window down and sing along with my very bad Jamaican accent while slapping out the beat on the outside of my car door.

Your voice sounds very Tom Petty-ish :D

dylan
Gibson

Post by dylan »

thanks guys:) - ive got a few more originals part recorded, just waiting for me to get motivated to do the really hard parts (bv's and guitar solos)

man the interweb here at the library is slow - but they let you download files unlike a web cafe.

cyaz!
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Man - I had this going round in my head all day today. Well done, that man. 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Tsuken wrote:Man - I had this going round in my head all day today. Well done, that man. 8)
there ya go dylan... you know you've 'made it' when you've created an 'ear worm' :D
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

dylan
Gibson

Post by dylan »

i dunno - my version of "made it" requires those two ho-ho-hotties from that pizza ad.

who would no doubt be younger than me even once you added their ages together:)

it is an unusual melody - i still cant pitch the notes bang on and ive been singing the song for at least a decade!