Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Midnight Blues Band Demos...

Post by Bg »

Ok just finished mastering 3 songs as demos. Curious as to how the mix/mastering sounds on your systems etc. Comments appreciated ;) You might hear some ghosting on the tracks as I had to redo the vocals - they were badly recorded i.e. distorted as it was a rough 'n ready recording at Clockwork, some spillage on the mics. I overdubbed my guitar parts while I was on - because I could :lol: and I wanted to test out the PodX3.

The band are
Me on guitar/vocals, DC on guitar and Recyled Pet on Bass, Kerry on drums....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Midnight Blues Band Demos...

Post by DarcyPerry »

In so many ways I am enjoying your development as a singer. Great guitar work too. Superb. Well done to you and the band! 8)
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

I love it! Especially Fool for your Stockings! Very early ZZ Top sounding.

As for the mix/sound, I think the drums need to be more present. A snare with more snap would cut through better but it's probably a bit late to do anything about that now. The snare is okay in All your Lovin, but the cymbals are MIA in that one. Everything else is fine.

The X3 sounds great! I'm finding it hard to justify owning a real amp now. I never use it at home and plugging an X3 Live into the p.a for gigs would be so much easier than transporting, setting up and micing my amp and effects.

Maybe if we keep showcasing their gear, they'll give us some free stuff! :lol:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Post by Bg »

cheers guys, especially Darcy as he is the man!

Yeah there isn't much I can do with the drums really, thats as good as I can get them - they had the worst spillover so I had to eq them for that :( Fortunately the turd polished up quite well.

I know what you mean about the amp, mine doesn't get plugged in often at home... I couldn't use a Pod live though ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.