New song - actually finished!

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

New song - actually finished!

Post by Tsuken »

Now this is a bit of a weird one. The title (or at least the chorus lyric) came to me on the train one day last year after listening to a lot of Mattias IA Eklundh ... and my wife was watching a lot of cooking shows on TV. ;)

This is also the first song to be polished up on my bright shiny new 24" iMac waheeeeeyy!! :D :D :D

I'd like to give the full title, but that takes away from the lyrics, so I'll just leave it as the file is named :P

Hope you fullas enjoy 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Re: New song - actually finished!

Post by dc »

That's cool! You should do something with that talent of yours Raf. :D

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

dc wrote:That's cool! You should do something with that talent of yours Raf. :D
I do - I sit at my computer at home and piss about :P

Thanks man 8) The lyrics are dodgy, I know - it's the one thing that puts my wife off the song

... so I told her to write me some new ones ;)

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

they got, little hands, little eyes...

very enjoyable song! - very catchy chorus - mix and mastering seem cool. probably the best singing ive heard you do.
even some melismatic action!

only complaints are that the plinky hard panned guitars dont sound 100% tight, and to me they sound like they have too many mids.

if you havent yet purchased some semi pro or better monitors, do it:) - you dont realise just how inaccurate home stereo gear is untill you listen to your recordings on real monitors.

in fact you could probably afford some mackie's!

very enjoyable song.
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Thanks man 8) - for both the compliments and the comments.

I'd say you're right on both counts with the guitars; on one side we have my bodgy nylon-string recorded with not enough loudness, and later resorting to adding a touch of Garageband's built-in overdrive :shock: to boost it. I'm sure it's middy, boomy, and over-reverby (it was recorded in our open-plan kitchen-dining-family room). The other was an electric with an "acoustic" simulation. I've never found it to sound particularly good, but the acoustic sounded so budget I couldn't go with a second track of that. :/

As for the looseness, I have no excuseness ;)

I don't yet have monitors. Yet. ;) They're definitely on the list ... problem is so's a lot of other stuff that really trumps them for now :( Ah well, things gradually getting betterer and betterer, so it's all good. 8)

Thanks again. 8)

Here be bloggins

cerealkiller
Squier

Post by cerealkiller »

Mattias IA Eklundh is very cool!

nice song and arrangement :)