Voxshall
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Testing testing first time poster

Post by Voxshall »

http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewtra ... ckid=64835

This is my first time trying to record and post a sound clip. I just brought a Mac Laptop and recorded though the internal mic. Sorry about the bad quality recording and crappy playing but it's just a test. Hope it works, any suggestions on how to improve my recording setup would be great.

Voxshall
Gibson

Re: Testing testing first time poster

Post by Voxshall »

I clicked on my link and it didn't work so far I can record onto garageband upload to itunes. Now what can someone direct me to the next steps on the best way to post sound clips.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

If it's in mp3 format you can upload it as an attachment to your post.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Marshall
Fender
Fender

Post by Marshall »

Hi Voxshall,

The easiest way to post your sound clips is just to attach the file to the post using the "Upload attachement" tab (make sure it's a reasonable size MP3...not a massive WAV file!).

As far as recording goes, the best thing you can do with a laptop is just to buy a decent mic. I'm not sure how good the Mac laptop sound card is but the best recording setup would be a desktop PC with a good quality sound card installed.
Grind 'til your neighbours go blind

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

Thanks I tried uploading from itunes and it says "extention not allowed" What did I do wrong??

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Voxshall wrote:Thanks I tried uploading from itunes and it says "extention not allowed" What did I do wrong??
You'll probably find that the tune is in aac file format which is iTunes compressed format of choice (the extension will be m4a I think) this isn't mp3

to get iTunes to convert it to mp3 you want to set the compression options on the Advance tab of the preferences - on the import section of Advaced. Then select the tune and use "Convert to mp3" on the Advanced menu option. This will give you another copy of the song in mp3 format in iTunes.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

Ok I converted it to MP3 but it still won't upload. The clip is 3 minutes something long and 2.81 MB. I have know idea how big that is but is this the reason it won't load and how do I fix this thanks.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Voxshall wrote:Ok I converted it to MP3 but it still won't upload. The clip is 3 minutes something long and 2.81 MB. I have know idea how big that is but is this the reason it won't load and how do I fix this thanks.
I've never had any luck uploading to this site either. I'd recommend you upload it to sendspace and then post the link here

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=832949

Ok I have uploaded on soundclick. Both were recorded straight to the internal mic of my MacBook and listening through good headphones it came out better than I expected.

I have a AKG D770 mic sitting around so I may have to buy a interface like apogee duet to get a better sound going, any suggestions would be great.

Sorry about the playing in both tracks I forgot how to play the songs so they end in mindless random licks :roll: ha ha maybe save yourself some pain and just listen to the first half :lol: ha ha.

Its my Fender 50's Relic Strat with J.M Rolph pickups on the bridge position other than the Purple Haze solo which is the neck pickup.

Can you guess the amps???