First anniversary clip

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

JD
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

First anniversary clip

Post by JD »

I thought I would record for posterity one of the songs I can play on my first anniversary of playing. Second year if you include the year in Uni some twenty some odd years ago.

Well! Recording is harder than I thought. It's quite eerie watching the little blue lines as the sound goes in. Almost as bad as having someone listen to you play in real life. I don't know how you pros can stand it!

So anyway, I was going to record another take because this one is a bit rough, but then the man came home from his fishing trip and that's the end of peace and quiet. Besides, I'm tired of playing with the computer stuck right in front of me. So this is all you get. ;)

Unfortunately I have no mic, so it has all the hard drive noise as it's recorded directly from my Art and Lutherie Ami parlor guitar right to the built in computer microphone. With any luck, another year from now and I can look back and admire how much I've improved.

http://boomp3.com/listen/e6wpaph/allmyfriens
Edit: having some trouble with the upload, changed the link.
Er, and changed again...
Last edited by JD on Sun May 18, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Country blues and acoustic lover.

dc
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 141 times

Re: First anniversary clip

Post by dc »

Very nice. Amazing stuff for a year.

I Could Imagine Rory Block belting out some vocals about whisky and hounds.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Tres Cool JD. :)

JD
Gibson

Post by JD »

Thanks! I know I have a far, far way to go but I look at it as a road I've just begun. :) Give me a couple more years and it might actually be enjoyable to listen to for people besides me! Lol.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Yep, very nice. Reminded me of some good old Terry Reid.

JD
Gibson

Post by JD »

Thanks, mate! The other one I have up there, Spikedriver, I forget while playing it what comes next...that's the pause, lol. Then my brain kicks in and I carry on. :P You'd think a single chord would be easy to remember, hah! I'm trying to upload a ragtime tune but it just says "Uploading" forever and then I just give up.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

That's cool, JD. Impressive for just a year - well done. I look forward to hearing more
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

JD
Gibson

Post by JD »

Tsuken, is there some place a bit more user friendly to upload mp3's to? I've discovered at this place you can only see the songs you post up to the link you use. ie. any songs uploaded after that aren't displayed.

Have a look at this one, I just learned it and it's still rough but I really like it:
http://boomp3.com/listen/e6wpaph/allmyfriens

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

A friend supplies webspace for me. I then either link directly, or use the streaming flash player on my myspace page and link there.

I think you can upload to nzguitars though. I don't know what the attachment size limit is, but just give BG a yell. :)

I'm just heading to listen to your other piece now...

... found links to some other recordings you've upped. They're all very good. I really do look forward to hearing more as time goes on 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Sweet, I think as a tribute to your anniversary of joining the site on June 17th, we should have a bit of a collaboration of all the bluesy folks - its been way too long!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Tsuken wrote:A friend supplies webspace for me. I then either link directly, or use the streaming flash player on my myspace page and link there.

I think you can upload to nzguitars though. I don't know what the attachment size limit is, but just give BG a yell. :)

I'm just heading to listen to your other piece now...

... found links to some other recordings you've upped. They're all very good. I really do look forward to hearing more as time goes on 8)
I think the default space is a bit pitiful so if anyone has big clips, drop me a PM I'm happy to increase the allowance!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

I dig that finger work. Well done JD. 8)
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz