studio up

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: studio up

Post by Tsuken »

Sounded good, I thought 8) Nice offer too :)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

I thought it sounded great. Awesome attitude too. 8)
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

td12
Stagg
Stagg

Post by td12 »

Thanks guys, all I can say is :oops: there is absolutely nothing 8) about me or the band lol.
I'd like to add I've been trying Reaper 2.46 for recording, a great bit of software, I've tried Samplitude 10 and own Adobe Audition 2 and Cubase 4 yet Reaper is so easy and is giving far better results, not bad for $50 U.S. Just incase others are trying different things.

Just a few facts

Audition takes 45 minutes to save a 50 minutes 8 tracks at 44.100 x 16 bit and will stop up to 5 times because the cpu gets overloaded and runs at 80% continually. This was bought down to 5 minutes after running a dual core optimizer

Cubase4 just crashes continually

Reaper takes zero time to save a 96000 x 32bit 90 minutes 8 tracks and didn't miss a beat the whole night and at that rate sounded very good.

td12
Stagg
Stagg

Post by td12 »

A bit of an update. Compression works, I'm still at a stage of over doing it but learning. Reapers working well, I just found out tonight you can use an external program within Reapers options to edit each track, audition is made for that. recording at 44100 x 16 is fine as well, no need to go higher I've found. ty for that.
We lost our keyboard player this week and he took his drummer back so we are left a 3 peice, it's worked out better, we did a bass, 2 rhythm, 2 backup vocals, and a synth track using the gr-20, hell we sound better now and of course tighter, hopefully there's not to many musos in the audience 8).
We can also now have a perfect start/end to the tunes, easy is good and what a huge sound for 3 average players. So..if anyone wants a backing track without an instrument to jam over ..well we can try :oops: Lastly again with compression, you can pull it tight to make a studio recording almost fit to play on the wireless (old man talk lol ) or pull it up for the PA live sound..very 8) I thought. I am recording a band in a few weeks, I'll throw something up here when or if it's good enough to laugh at.