afterwork boredom

Lets hear your sound clips...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

afterwork boredom

Post by Ironbird13 »

Got home after work and decided to plug the pedalboard into the computer and do some recording, this is the first solo (i use that phrase loosely :wink: )type thing i have come up with that i can repeat :lol: and just managed tonight to get it to flow(another loose phrase :wink: ) into a couple of riffs i've been working on lately.its just one track, one take. theres a couple of mistakes and timing might not be perfect(cant get the click track at a decent volume) but anyways, tell me what you think :lol:

btw its only at 128kbs due to upload limit :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Re: afterwork boredom

Post by Some Bozo »

Ever heard an old Jethro Tull intro called Pibroch ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxiHgm5UEsA
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Some Bozo wrote:Ever heard an old Jethro Tull intro called Pibroch ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxiHgm5UEsA
nah havnt listened to Tull for years, a mate at school was into them, where is Rudenbark lately anyways?, should give them more of a listen 8)
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Since Ironbird shared, thought I might too.

The band is a german band that broke up a couple of years back beacuse they couldn't get signed. I liked one of the songs and suggested that it needed a hotter guitar line and a solo that smoked, so I added one and sent it back to them. Everyone in the band loved it and asked me to finish the rest of the song (this is only 1min 50sec of it). The only person in the band that thought it was worse ... was the guitarist.

If you want to know what it sounded like, wait til the guitar riff stops and listen to the verse. I come back in before the chorus and then all hell breaks loose for the solo

:D

The solo is about 1min 30sec ... and it's a bit hairy, I can nail it a lot better now.

Recorded on a 1990s Jackson Performer with Line6 Toneport UX1 as interface.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3508 times
Been liked: 719 times

Post by Cdog »

nice... how would you describe the genre? techno-metal-pop? cool solo btw

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

hey there, thanks for that.

i don't really know that they'd call themselves. i referred to it as industrialist german electronica ... i think they were aiming for a nightwish, lacuna coil, within temptation sort of thing.

LittleLass
Stagg
Stagg

Post by LittleLass »

Nice solo! One day I will be able to play like that...... :mrgreen:

That is if I can put my new acoustic down and face an Ashton starter electric guitar (YIKES) I feel another trip to the RockShop coming on..... :lol:

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

lol ... thanks.

if you can bend and fingertap, you can play that solo. it's actually remarkably easy. I taught it to a 12 yr old yesterday. the lil snot had it cleaner than me in about 10mins.

last time i teach him anything

*chortle*

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Nice... do you think you could tab the tapping bit? I'm still very new to tapping and need to get a hang of how to string together tapping ideas...
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

I be quite bad at tab, but I will have a go.

Essentially,

-chuck your index finger on 15th fret high e string (G) BUT barre across to the B string as well.
-chuck your ring finger on the 18th fret (this goes over to the B string as well)
-chuck your pinky on the 20th fret

then all you do is tap the E string set and move to the B string as it takes your fancy ... vary the time on each string to get the difference in sound.

once you have the speed down on one string, it's not too hard to adjust your fingers to barre the strings and move down.