Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Kev77
Mr Echo
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 366 times
Been liked: 285 times

Re: Bass pedals

Post by Kev77 »

I played with a drummer once, so jockey slim we zipped him up in the bass drum bag and we started the gig with him "coming out" and starting the groove.,.,.,

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Hook's good alright, I like his outro part on the video mix for "The Perfect Kiss".
even if he is a sissy wannabe guitarist for using a pick :D

BEEF! How low can you go?
I did like that Gary Clail album.

I forget to mention the guy from Kings of Leon and for another pick using traitor grumpy Waters for the phaser intro on Bill Clinton's favorite, "Have A Cigar"

snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by snitchez »

Pakehendrix wrote:My Gallien Krueger Diesel Dawg! Only $180 and it's pretty monstrous distortion. Great fun for loud music and feedback.

Small Clones sound awesome.

EHX Bass Microsynth - next on my list of GAS targets. Coolest sounding thing ever!

I reckon Prunes & Custards sound kinda crap. The only noise you can get is a fart.

EHX Big Muffs can sound cool, but it seems to be a hit and miss thing...you gotta get a good one. I think Sovteks are better?
regarding the prunes and custards, what bass were you using? something active? i can get lots of usable sounds with mine. and the big muffs.... were you using different basses through them?

i use effects on my weekly bass playing, cause often there is too much space open. hence needing to fill it up a lil bit more. i use delays and a bb xotic and a tech 21 rvb and an ebow, i have an analogman chorus on the way too, and a RRR on order with ryan at dr. scientiest. previously owned lots of stuff, most notably a deep impact, lots of time spent on a bms etc. but not really me.

played a fuzz yesterday which is made by a guy in auckland, wee pedals, whom i got my delay off, kev77 knows him too. one of the best ever i played. gonna be saving up for one of his next!

effects on bass... fun =p

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

IMO the use of space, including leaving it there, is what distinguishes bass players from guitarists. Bassists use the space, guitarists want to fill it.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by snitchez »

thats true. if there was a guitarist playing i would be mainly clean with a lil bit of overdriven grit on it. but if not.
evertyhing applied is not overly overdone like ow guitarist do it anyway =p

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 682 times
Been liked: 577 times

Post by TmcB »

Rog wrote:IMO the use of space, including leaving it there, is what distinguishes bass players from guitarists. Bassists use the space, guitarists want to fill it.
Amen to that!
As a bass player, I reckon that's spot on.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

tonymcbony wrote:
Rog wrote:IMO the use of space, including leaving it there, is what distinguishes bass players from guitarists. Bassists use the space, guitarists want to fill it.
Amen to that!
As a bass player, I reckon that's spot on.
so i could sell a blank cd and say its all bass lines, just one big gap :P
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 682 times
Been liked: 577 times

Post by TmcB »

Ironbird13 wrote: so i could sell a blank cd and say its all bass lines, just one big gap :P
Well, you could, but then John Cage would sue your a$$
http://classicalconvert.com/2007/07/the ... cages-433/
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

tonymcbony wrote:
Ironbird13 wrote: so i could sell a blank cd and say its all bass lines, just one big gap :P
Well, you could, but then John Cage would sue your a$$
http://classicalconvert.com/2007/07/the ... cages-433/
:shock: :shock: WTF :shock: :shock: , "you copied my silence" :roll: :roll: :? :shock: :roll:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by snitchez »

lol. so how do you folks differentiate use and fill any way =p any examples?

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

snitchez wrote:lol. so how do you folks differentiate use and fill any way =p any examples?
i use noise to fill silence :wink: :lol: :lol:

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

great space with bass.,.,
radiohead - air bag - the whole song gets bents sideways when thge bass comes in - genius use of space. worth looking up if you havnt heard it.

Dreams by fleetwood Mac - if youre a guitar player figure out the chords and them check the bassline.

A sort of homecoming by U2 - again space and harmonic slickness

and anything duck Dunn did.,. ever

Phildo
Resident Tyre Kicker

Post by Phildo »

recycledpet wrote:Boss

broke
:shock: Theres something you dont hear about very often. :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3992 times

Post by Bg »

Kev77 wrote:great space with bass.,.,
radiohead - air bag - the whole song gets bents sideways when thge bass comes in - genius use of space. worth looking up if you havnt heard it.

Dreams by fleetwood Mac - if youre a guitar player figure out the chords and them check the bassline.

A sort of homecoming by U2 - again space and harmonic slickness

and anything duck Dunn did.,. ever
duck dunne is a great bass player but he tends to use lots of suggestive melody/rhythm lines as opposed to 'space' John McVie in his early days would be my No.1 'spacially' aware bass player - there were times when fleetwood mac played nothing for 2 mins, I'm sure :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

thats because they had a side line gig as chemical test dummys for anything going,