Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3990 times

Post by Bg »

it has to be said, that the main reason I bought it was because you don't like them ;)

Thinking about selling the Strat mate :p

(nah, not really.....)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

I bet you don't miss the Tokai these days ? "its a keeper mate, I am neer selling that guitar"

Ha ha, now you got all the great axes in your stable.

That bass is a very nice looking axe, very Bill Wyham doing the 1980's stones tours.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

funnily enough, I do miss it though :P had a good feel and tone to it - I miss every guitar I've ever let go :(
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Funny you say that as I miss my 97 LP Standard. It was a good guitar looking back now. I am thinking I might have to try and get a 97 of ebay if one pops up.

That Vintage sunburst was a nice piece of maple.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yep, I really miss the early 80's squire I had, first proper guitar and I swapped it for an Aria II Bass - someone once offered me an SG for it and I turned it down - oh well.... that Tokai was good, the Gibson is better but bang for buck goes to the Tokai.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Woo hoo! Sounds good through the amp, I feel like a proper bass player - everything just seems easier for me, not just the bass but my playing is coming along by leaps and bounds (well I think so anyway)

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Nice looking bass BG - I used to think the headless instruments were have/gimmick until I saw one being used on the Bowie Glass Spider tour (video or something) and the sound of that headless guitar was superb. If it was not for the price I'd be chasing after a steinberger 6 and 12 string myself.
You can't do THAT on stage!

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

The only things I really regret were a nice old maton (40's or 50's) f hole jazz guitar I idiotically traded in on a strat, and of course my original B45-12 (on an SG special).

But the Ibanez's, Diplomat's, Ecko's, Vox's, Commadores, Framus's, Marranuci's, Swallows etc. were all 'good riddance' as they were at best adequate and at the worst frsutrating - especially one 'Mellow tone' chinese made 12 string from the late 60's with 'steel reinforced neck'- talk about unplayable.
You can't do THAT on stage!

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

The ones I miss are the guitars I never got a photo of, which considering they were all totally unique is a bit more of a bummer than it might sound. The ones that got stolen are a downer too, but at least I have pictures :)

I saw one of them in Greenlane Musicworks a few years ago going for a bargain price. It was a PRSish hollowbody/archtop with yellow dyed curly beech top with Seymour Duncan pickups. I should have bought it back on the spot. I would if I saw it again!!
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Yoda »

On the first page of this thread bluesgeek mentions that Dr. Rog does not like wood grain finishes.

S'cuse me Doc? What up wi' dat? Headless basses I can understand someone disliking but nice wood?

Nice bass by the way, even if it is headless, which I never cared for. But if it's gotta be headless I guess you got one of the nicer ones.

When you have to choose between two evils, pick the one you never tried before.

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Yoda »

bg,
Is that Strat one of those fotoflames or is it a C/S model?

Here's what my bass looks like:

It's a Fender "Victor Bailey" Jazz.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Mate - I just have an aversion to the natural wood finish on guitars and basses - and keyboards - I had a Yamaha combo organ which was finished in American Walnut - I was going to cover the thing with tie-dyed sheepskin... all just personal taste!
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Haha.... Funny coincidence Rog.

My office/workshop is in the old factory where that organ was probably assembled. I use some of the wood and the remains of the very same walnut veneer on my stuff some 20 years after they stopped making the organs there! :D
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Oh the horror...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Yoda »

I guess we're just built differently then I suppose. I love natural wood grain so much that I'd even wear condoms with a wood grain if it were possible.

No, silly, not a woodie grain.