Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Scallops

Post by NZRS-Dave »

foal30 wrote:
thehenderson wrote:AH MY EYES THAT GREEN BASS IS WANG
the story of how it was made is interesting writes Bass Nerd. Sheehan started with a new '69 Precision and modified it with so much vigor that it actually turned into a Yamaha
Anyone watched the Billy Sheehan - Advanced Bass DVD?
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

foal30 wrote:
thehenderson wrote:AH MY EYES THAT GREEN BASS IS WANG
the story of how it was made is interesting writes Bass Nerd. Sheehan started with a new '69 Precision and modified it with so much vigor that it actually turned into a Yamaha
The plot thickens...

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

well the mods on his '69 are pretty 'cool' in a voyage into sound way.

despite Sheehan's vision being possibly diametrically opposed to mine I really like the way he has his own thing happening. He worked hard to get what he liked, brilliant stuff I reckon.

no I haven't Dave but I have seen him in a live Steve Vai video. drum solo with hands if that helps date it. Not my thing at all, but sure had some funny moments, potentially unintentional.
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

foal30 wrote:well the mods on his '69 are pretty 'cool' in a voyage into sound way.

despite Sheehan's vision being possibly diametrically opposed to mine I really like the way he has his own thing happening. He worked hard to get what he liked, brilliant stuff I reckon.

no I haven't Dave but I have seen him in a live Steve Vai video. drum solo with hands if that helps date it. Not my thing at all, but sure had some funny moments, potentially unintentional.
Drum solo with hands sounds like Mike Mangini era? I have the Live in Astoria DVD which has some cool playing on it, but that has Virgil Donati on drums - pretty sure there isn't a hand solo on it.

Once you have watched the DVD normally, it's great to watch it with the Directors commentary on it ... they get Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan, Tony McAlpine and Dave Weiner around a mic and discuss the show.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

testy wrote:
foal30 wrote:well the mods on his '69 are pretty 'cool' in a voyage into sound way.

it had a 58 neck on a 69 body and he used his dremil on his mums lounge room floor. people just dont do that anymore, you buy your bass all scratched up or you keep it pristeen, not sure why.
yeah it looks like a Tele neck, so it's older again OK.
modding gear... not sure, I think it is easier to buy a 'better' second instrument these days than having to have a one size fits all instrument.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

yeah it's insanity
I get why you put a humbucker at the neck :D
but the rest of it passes me by

cop this
servo-drivers

speaker diaphragm is loaded to a bar which is driven via a belt by a motor. cycles per second from Bass indicates how much movement. 112db @ 16hz
that apparently is Elephant lows.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

Don't the truly massive pipes in the Wgtn Town Hall pipe organ go along the floor, up the wall, and then along the ceiling in order to be long enough?
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by foal30 »

I'd believe it Al because there was a news item form a few years back about replacing some in Auckland
they had to be sourced from Italy(?) and I'm thinking what's the deal with some pipe
and it's like oh that's the reason
I think the restoration bill may have gone into the high hundreds of thousands.... IIRC etc