Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Re: Good Mic for Bass

Post by Kris »

nzsimon1 wrote:and the audio-technica atm650 is a smidgen more at $179 but I do the 20% off to forum members ( if I am allowed ?) or the cheaper PRO63 at 125 less etc

A really interesting mic is the dual element atm250de it has two capsules one condensor and one dynamic time aligned , it uses two ch on the desk . It was designed for Kick but is superb on Bass , Guitar or Piano , strings etc
same 20% applies $490 rrp
i have a 250de,i use it on everything!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

nzsimon1 wrote:and the audio-technica atm650 is a smidgen more at $179 but I do the 20% off to forum members ( if I am allowed ?) or the cheaper PRO63 at 125 less etc

A really interesting mic is the dual element atm250de it has two capsules one condensor and one dynamic time aligned , it uses two ch on the desk . It was designed for Kick but is superb on Bass , Guitar or Piano , strings etc
same 20% applies $490 rrp
i have a 250de,i use it on everything!

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

bluesbass wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:The question is, what do have now and what do you not like about it?
Thanks Capt.
I don't have anything 'cept the DI from the back of the amp.
I was wanting to try the combination of both, and I think I would like to get a bit of the organic sound of my 4x10 pushing some... and it can't hurt to "double bag it" some eh?
Have you considered spending the money on an outboard DI? In my experience the inbuilt ones are pretty noisy and naff sounding. Mic'ing bass cabs for killer tone can be very fickle so IMO your best bet is to get a solid direct sound and then mix in a bit of whatever mic you have lying around for some colour. In saying that I'm sure you can and will get a great tone with a 57 or similar, its just a question of whether the additional hassle on the day is worth it for you =)