snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Musicman Sterling basses?

Post by snitchez »

i'll agree with the fender/musicman then looking at gibsons etc. People actually look at the warwicks before the gibsons, especially the way they are stocked in the new zealand market.

i think the tribute series by G&L rips up the sterlings and RAY34 by musicman. that said, if the 10 odd lakland skyline series basses i played two weeks ago were indicative of a fair population of their basses, i would say the tribute series rips them up too. more p bass neck than a jazz tho. and goes from active to passive. not anyting inspiring i would say.

i tried to strike a deal with Scott and Richard for the only warwick bass i was ever (up till now) interested in. I might have hassled Matt about it as well, the Warwick Star Bass. Now that was a piece of art. :mrgreen:

jimi. if you dont feel you need another bass, dont buy another one :) I'm trying to juggle between my G&L and my tele bass ash made for me, i also have a massive sounding jazz on the chopping block (i dont really want to part with it) with another tele bass being put together when i get the time. do i wish i had just one favourite? yup i do!

(ok, the only reason i want to let go of a bass, is so that i can buy another if ever i find another that fancies me with no reservations)