ElBaconi
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Ibanez Blazer bass

Post by ElBaconi »

So I've come into ownership of a fairly good nick Ibanez Blazer bass. It's been collecting (a lot) of dust in someones spare room and is in dire need of a set up. I don't need (or particularly want) a bass but I have also read they were one of the better P bass clones made - worth spending some $ on and getting a decent setup? Any idea what's a fair price for one of these?

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Re: Ibanez Blazer bass

Post by WellyBlues »

Cool. I paid $600 for one on TradeMe in 2016. It was in very good condition and all original. I possibly paid top dollar for it but that was okay as I particularly wanted that one. I would say it's worth getting a setup done. The serial number on the backplate will tell you date of manufacture, starts with a letter (A-L) which is the month, eg. A = January, L = December, and then the year. (80 or 81). then 4 digit sequential serial number.

Pics?
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days