Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 826 times
Been liked: 1315 times

Re: Diagnose my old hofner bass

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Other issues encountered today.
Grub screws stripped in teacup knobs. Had to drill one out then replace with some i pilferred from some graphtech saddles.
While 'exploring' the truss the nut popped off. Looks dreadfully cheap. But then again it has a zero fret so no matters.
Truss looks close to or at its limit. Dont recall action being a major issue but glad im going with extra light strings with low tension.
I took of the pickguard that id cut for it years ago. And I kind of like how it looks without it.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Wheres Dave when you need him? I might ping him on facebook....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

smallface
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by smallface »

I think you've pretty much got it right there!
I think the tuners have been replaced with something similar to the old 60's tuners though.
I can see the Hofner stamp on the back of the headstock too. So a nice old German made Hofner from the late 70s. Lovely! :-)
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 826 times
Been liked: 1315 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

smallface wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:28 pm I think you've pretty much got it right there!
I think the tuners have been replaced with something similar to the old 60's tuners though.
I can see the Hofner stamp on the back of the headstock too. So a nice old German made Hofner from the late 70s. Lovely! :-)
Nice one , thanks. Yes I saw that the tuners should have covered backs to them ?

smallface
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by smallface »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:54 pm
smallface wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:28 pm I think you've pretty much got it right there!
Nice one , thanks. Yes I saw that the tuners should have covered backs to them ?
Yes, similar to these.
Hofner Tuners.JPG
Hofner Tuners.JPG (36.79 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly