An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I saw a vdo clip of rancid playing a few years ago. I thought the outstanding difference between them and other punk bands was the bass work. It was a real joy to hear a punk band with anyone at all in it actually able to play music!!

I love the Living End's version of the Prisoner Theme (On the Inside).

Mind you, I also play and love Anthrax's version of Pipeline, so my tastes aren't anything to write home about - LOL.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

ratfink
Thunderbird IV

Post by ratfink »

Rog wrote:I saw a vdo clip of rancid playing a few years ago. I thought the outstanding difference between them and other punk bands was the bass work. It was a real joy to hear a punk band with anyone at all in it actually able to play music!!

I love the Living End's version of the Prisoner Theme (On the Inside).

Mind you, I also play and love Anthrax's version of Pipeline, so my tastes aren't anything to write home about - LOL.
..oh I beg to differ :D 8)

and yeah I lost my copy of Attack of the Killer B's with Pipeline on it - a great album that one.. :x
"And I want a bike and a monkey and a friend for the monkey." - Ralph Wiggum

abigblackman
Stagg
Stagg

Post by abigblackman »

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Just realised I should post some of this guy, as a more recent inspiration; not just in terms of playing, but he seems to be an absolutely amazing person as well.

http://www.jasonbecker.com

(and Zakk, I promise I will get that stuff to you - I've just been spending all my mental energy in organising exams - sorry dude, but they finish next week, so it won't be long ;) )
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Rog

Post by Rog »

I tell you what would be cool - tell Rog who the smeg most of those dudes are!!! LOL

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Well the last I posted was Jason Becker - here's a slightly more recent photo (though not that recent - must be early 90s); he's much worse now, and has been since 1997 (stable since then) - I just can't find any pictures

Many/most of those recently posted by others I have no idea about, so I'm no use to you :? (and I presume you could identify the ones I posted initially)

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Rog

Post by Rog »

LOL ur showing yer age, mate - at least I've got a real excuse!!! :-)

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

ok, found more recent ones, now that the photo section on his own website loaded for me; starting with a link to this: http://64.162.150.71/JBGruesomeTruth.htm

More here

I just feel so sad every time I see the state he's in now, but so inspired whenever I read anything he's written about how he copes. He's an amazing guy.

Here be bloggins

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate

Post by Tehhaxorr »

Rog, i am telling you who these guys are one one condition, you must download music by each of them. Deal?

This is John Petrucci of Dreamtheater

Michale Rome or Symphony X
God hes a fat shit

Nergal of Behemoth

Ishan of Emperor

Chuck Schuldiner of death.
"I am the Black Wizard"