An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

brad paisley

Post by DarcyPerry »

Ok, how many of you folks know about this country picking monster? Brad Paisley seems to be able to pull off anything on a telecaster, wearing a big hat. I'm not big on country but he could do for the genre what SRV did for blues. Insane talent and a big cheesy grin. Anybody heard of him before?

[edit due to spelling mistake]
Last edited by DarcyPerry on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

GATGIRL

Re: brad paisley

Post by GATGIRL »

yep... :)

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Image :wink:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

DarcyPerry wrote:Ok, how many of you folks know about this country picking monster? Brad Paisley seems to be able to pull of anything on a telecaster, wearing a big hat. I'm not big on country but he could do for the genre what SRV did for blues. Insane talent and a big cheesy grin. Anybody heard of him before?
Got "Me Nither" tabbed in a Guitar Techniques mag. Tried to play about a bar. Wasn't pretty
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

GATGIRL

Post by GATGIRL »

Isn't he the reason behind the fender paisley tele's..... in pink and baby blue....

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I saw him on Letterman one night. Freakin' amazing player. Yeee Haw!

Paisley Teles have been around since before Brad was a twinkle in his old Pa's eye... They're more likely to have been the reason for him than the other way around! :lol:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

GATGIRL

Post by GATGIRL »

ahhh... ok.... i must've just noticed them both at the same time :shock:

going back into my cave now....

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

No, stay out the weather is much nicer out here than in the cave :mrgreen:

Now, if you were to suggest that the Crook Paisley Teles were a result of Brad Paisley, you might be right:

http://www.geocities.com/bcguitars2003/
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

after reading about this guy in Guitar Player I searched......and searched.........and searched

Till I finally found an album and its....stunning. The country element is on the "tongue in cheek" side with humourous lyrics etc...and the guitar playing is simply awesome!.

the guy used Dr Z's...... :shock:
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Was it this one?
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

Awesome guitar player. Generates a lot of sales in the States for all the boutique (and otherwise) makers whose gear he uses.
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

DarcyPerry wrote:Image

Was it this one?
no this one
brad.jpg
brad.jpg (13.16 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
theres a great song called "so much better online"...and tons of great wild guitar playing

hey while it occurs to me....have you listened to "The Little Willies"....more astounding loose/wicked telecaster goodness.......everytime I play this I end up giggling at the solos :D
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

There's a lesson/transcription of one of his songs in the August Guitar Techniques mag. I d/l "Online" from his youtube last night, and I've watched it about 10 times since ... Great video (go teh ShatnerZ :lol: ), fantastic song - best lyrics I've heard in a while - and cool country guitar. Tsuken likey. 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

fantastic player. The music is too 'new nashville' for me to stomach, though.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?