Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

VH...maybe at last

Post by willow13 »

well it looks like the long awaited new VH album might just happen....release date is apparently feb 7

This has to be the worst trailer I have ever seen for a new product though...pretty much tells you nothing apart from a tour coming :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... L7kp2zzcs4
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Re: VH...maybe at last

Post by Some Bozo »

Is ed still sober? They could be in with a chance of completing an album or tour. My money's on the whole thing dissolving into arguments and lawsuits.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times

Post by twistedthoughts »

That was like 30 seconds of footage repeated over 2 mins. And do they not want Wolfgang in any of the shots or something?

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

twistedthoughts wrote:That was like 30 seconds of footage repeated over 2 mins. And do they not want Wolfgang in any of the shots or something?
Hearing wolfgang play bass on the live clips from the last tour made me realise that Michael Anthony was actually doing something important for the VH sound the whole time. Who knew...
Last edited by Some Bozo on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

twistedthoughts wrote:That was like 30 seconds of footage repeated over 2 mins. And do they not want Wolfgang in any of the shots or something?
I thought the same thing, but then I saw him later on in the clip.

But as the OP said ... what a thoroughly pointless video. And note that it was all the old tunes. Nothing new fresh or interesting,
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

NZRS-Dave wrote:
But as the OP said ... what a thoroughly pointless video. And note that it was all the old tunes. Nothing new fresh or interesting,
exactly...you'd think after what 16 years of no new music and 27 years of no new dave music they would give the fans a little something new :roll: ...obviously the marketing machine is going to "tease" little bits until a single release. It makes me think "fuck em" i'll just download for free when it gets released :lol: :lol:

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

Some Bozo wrote:
Hearing wolfgang play bass on the live clips from the last tour made me realise the Michael Anthony was actually doing something important for the VH sound the whole time. Who knew...
Not to mention his BVs which they used taped versions of on the last tour as well.
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

The album is in the can. All new material. The b&w montage is from a music video shoot they recently did at the Roxy.

The lack of info is just how they do stuff these days. I wouldn't be surprised if this tour was like the last: Dave gets one chance to pow-wow with the press at a release event and then no more contact of note for the rest of the tour. I suspect something has been written into a contract.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

Hot_Grits wrote:The album is in the can. All new material. The b&w montage is from a music video shoot they recently did at the Roxy.

The lack of info is just how they do stuff these days. I wouldn't be surprised if this tour was like the last: Dave gets one chance to pow-wow with the press at a release event and then no more contact of note for the rest of the tour. I suspect something has been written into a contract.
being the VH fan your are HG what is your expectation of the album??

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

willow13 wrote:
Hot_Grits wrote:The album is in the can. All new material. The b&w montage is from a music video shoot they recently did at the Roxy.

being the VH fan your are HG what is your expectation of the album??
All the reports out of the studio are the sound is like the old Roth-era records. I'll believe that when I hear it.

But in terms of the writing, performance and Daveness I'm pretty sure it'll be at the very least a good record. There was enough of the old magic on those two Dave tracks that made it onto the first 'best of' compilation to make them the best VH tunes of pretty much the whole post 84 era, even with him dog-squealing in an attempt to make like he has range.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

Rumours of a single on the 10th.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

Hot_Grits wrote:There was enough of the old magic on those two Dave tracks that made it onto the first 'best of' compilation to make them the best VH tunes of pretty much the whole post 84 era, even with him dog-squealing in an attempt to make like he has range.
I reckon Eddie should've paid closer attention to some of the lyrics that Dave sneaked under his radar last time...

How many times does somebody lie
'Til patience runs her course?
Keep that in mind, when we say goodbye
'Cuz you can't get this stuff no more

Who ya reckon that one was about Ed? :lol:

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

Some Bozo wrote:
Hot_Grits wrote:There was enough of the old magic on those two Dave tracks that made it onto the first 'best of' compilation to make them the best VH tunes of pretty much the whole post 84 era, even with him dog-squealing in an attempt to make like he has range.
I reckon Eddie should've paid closer attention to some of the lyrics that Dave sneaked under his radar last time...

How many times does somebody lie
'Til patience runs her course?
Keep that in mind, when we say goodbye
'Cuz you can't get this stuff no more

Who ya reckon that one was about Ed? :lol:
Dave has intimated as much: the 'supermodel' is the Van Halen brothers.

Of course, he was in 'pissed off outsider' mode when he mentioned this. Nowadays he's in 'proud family member' mode. Amazing what a sniff at the gold ring will do.

My guess is the VH brothers and Dave have been around each other long enough to figure out what works and what doesn't and have been careful to act accordingly. Simple stuff like keeping Dave's press ops to a mimimum, dressing rooms in separate wings...

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

Hot_Grits wrote:Amazing what a sniff at the gold ring will do.
He figured "Fuck it"! Dinner at the hotel, champagne bottle...

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Some Bozo wrote:
Hearing wolfgang play bass on the live clips from the last tour made me realise that Michael Anthony was actually doing something important for the VH sound the whole time. Who knew...
giant lol
he's inaudible on at least 3 albums

if you place bass
you got to know your place
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish