Moderator: Capt. Black

maidOFhorror
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

CHIKS IN THE ROCK/METAL WORLD

Post by maidOFhorror »

As some of you must have noticed, there isn’t much female musicians in the rock and roll industry. But when there are, it's always just one girl in the band, likewise…
• Cristina Scabia, the vocalist of the Goth Italian band, Lacuna Coil
• Angela Gossow, the vocalist of the death metal band, Arch Enemy
• Nadja, the bassist of punk metal band, Coal Chamber
• Anneke van Giersbergen, the vocalist of Dutch Goth metal band, The Gathering
• Tarja, from the melodic metal band, Nightwish
…oh and that ex-bassist chik from A Perfect Circle
But thank god for Kittie and The Donnas :D some older female rockers on the other hand have chosen to go solo like, Courtney Love, from The Brunettes and Melissa Auf Der Maur, from Smashing Pumpkins.
A friend of mine once had auditions for his band, I asked him about it and he said "males only" and when I asked him why... "we don’t want to be a band that some people only comes to see cuz there's a hot chik with us, y'know?" to be honest I was a bit offended. And he continues, “we wannabe noticed cuz of our music… Kinda like what happened to that bassist girl in A Perfect Circle.” but I was thinking, what if they just took her off because she wasn’t good enough, y’know? Not because of her sex or her appearance.
I’m sure that were all aware that there are a lot of rocker girls out there, some might be in bands and some might not. But it’s the fact that there aren’t a lot of famous bands with female members on it that has "past participle of get" my attention. Some industries might give a band a contract cuz there’s a girl with them, but that’s not right, it’s un-fucking-civilized and sexist. Girls out there need to make a lot more effort to actually make music and not just listen to them.
What’s your say?
Thanks for hearing me out \m/
~--===++++*^*++++===--~
---:{[RoСķ Ωπ]}:---
----->peace out<-----
--------<^>Φ└└ϊε<^>--------

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

Mmmmmmmm Rock Chicks

There's something about an Asian with a full stack and a big muff.
ImageImage

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: CHIKS IN THE ROCK/METAL WORLD

Post by ash »

maidOFhorror wrote: Girls out there need to make a lot more effort to actually make music and not just listen to them.
What’s your say?
Absolutely. Women often don't seem to make the effort to try and break through the difficulties and barriers in musician society. And fair enough to some degree, why should they put themselves in the firing line? But that just means that more of those who are around aren't there because they're good, but because they look right, or attract punters or whatever. Its one of those stereotypes that self-fulfills and gives female musicians a bad rep. Partly its also because the band-forming and music making culture is pretty blokey and as such doesn't seem a very girlie thing to do. Half the reason most guys start bands is macho/ego/chick-magnet kind of things. Another girl band worthy of examiniation is Foamy Ed. I saw their new vid on C4 and they're pretty good. I think they might have more to offer than The Donnas. Lots there for guys and girls to aspire to ;)

They best thing you personally can do to change things is to get out there and work seriously towards making your band/music into something worthwhile for all.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

antz
Stagg
Stagg

Post by antz »

i agree there and of course you'll be offended, especially if your a chik. honestly, we're not just boobs and sex..we're musicians who likes to play, but sum ppl dont see past the appearance and what were 'good' for bit.

theres a new polish band called viridian, the lead singer is a chik, they rock..err dunno what that had to do with this lmao.
"You never get bored of shaggin tho"-Ed Graham (Drummer for The Darkness)

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate

Post by Tehhaxorr »

the chick from otep is fucking HOT! but i liked otep before i knew it was a chick singing.

and also Sara Jessbel Diva from cradle of filth is ugly as hell, but i still love her voice.

So i guess im trying to say, to a true musician the sound matters alot more than the apperance...

Unless were talking about gorgoroth, we hate them just for being Black Metal Farmers, regardless of weather they sound good or not. :) but thats just gorgoroth for you ;)
"I am the Black Wizard"

maidOFhorror
Stagg
Stagg

Post by maidOFhorror »

Tehhaxorr wrote:the chick from otep is fucking HOT! but i liked otep before i knew it was a chick singing.

and also Sara Jessbel Diva from cradle of filth is ugly as hell, but i still love her voice.

So i guess im trying to say, to a true musician the sound matters alot more than the apperance...

Unless were talking about gorgoroth, we hate them just for being Black Metal Farmers, regardless of weather they sound good or not. :) but thats just gorgoroth for you ;)
see dats exactly what im talking about!!! :roll: *sigh*
~--===++++*^*++++===--~
----->peace out<-----

maidOFhorror
Stagg
Stagg

Post by maidOFhorror »

when u actually find out its a gurl you just wanna hear more...
~--===++++*^*++++===--~
----->peace out<-----

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate

Post by Tehhaxorr »

maidOFhorror wrote: see dats exactly what im talking about!!! :roll: *sigh*
You seen gorgoroth????? They almost look as stupid as Satyricon :O
"I am the Black Wizard"

Optimus_prime
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Optimus_prime »

you know, at the end of the day
the music is the thing that impresses people the most
if it's shit, people shouldn't like it
If they listen to it because Females make
then they probably work at a nail factory
counting how many nails they pack every 13 hours

and also, I know this comes into opinion and such
but kittie aren't talented guitarists
and so aren't there fans
Checking out some tab for them
it was put under "chords"
and it was Notes, not chords
and the on top of that, it was something
like on low e 3335355333
for one fucking riff
now now, that's what I call talent
or mentos, Men toss[/code]

antz
Stagg
Stagg

Post by antz »

um...whatever you guys sed. hehe.
"You never get bored of shaggin tho"-Ed Graham (Drummer for The Darkness)

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate

Post by Tehhaxorr »

Optimus_prime wrote: like on low e 3335355333
for one fucking riff
now now, that's what I call talent
or mentos, Men toss[/code]
Sounds prety damn EMOish to me
"I am the Black Wizard"